FSR BSB Reversed control plate club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by goldo, Feb 24, 2011.

1. TheApolloCreed

TheApolloCreed TDPRI Member

FIRST POST!

I was brought to this forum because of this very guitar, and I am glad to see so many people enjoy it. Im looking to pull the trigger and make this my first telecaster. Did everyone else get their from Guitar Center? I had little luck at GC the other day talking to anyone, but my guy will be there this week. Hopefully they can order me one, so I can play it before I buy it. Im too nervous to buy it blind directly from the site.

This is the right model, right? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-FSR-Standard-Ash-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar-H72859-i1858007.gc

It says they arent in stock until the 23rd, so hopefully I can get on the front end of this next batch.

Thanks for all the help

2. kents

kents TDPRI Member

I picked up my (roll out the acronyms!) MIM FSR BSB BG Tele last week at GC off the wall. Flawless so must have been a recent arrival. Easily the bang-for-the-buck Tele of a lifetime. Can't believe they sell this for $499. That's in the area of Stupid Cheap.

My other 2 Teles are MIA and this MIM FSR BSB BG Tele is every bit the quality and tone.

I'm in the club.

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2316860330102436062JNvRMZ

3. BeatlesAreMyJam

BeatlesAreMyJam Tele-Afflicted

I discovered this "problem" on my 60s Classic Tele and was informed that it is totally normal and referred to as the "butt crack" (Search it. You'll find many threads). Nothing to worry about and invisible when the ashtray cover (not included) is in place.

Enjoy your new guitar. Bang on!

4. FrankMc

FrankMc Tele-Meister

I have this on the controls side of my ashtray too, but had the exact same thing on my old 78 Tele, so I must believe this is not uncommon.

5. TheApolloCreed

TheApolloCreed TDPRI Member

I just bought mine at Guitar Center a few days ago and I really really enjoy the guitar. I did find that my bridge pickup cavity is a little wide as well. You can even see it on the images GC has online.

I bought a Blues Jr Tweed to go along with it, hopefully it will get here soon...

6. Beachbum

Beachbum Friend of Leo's

I know it's sacrilege and you guys may have to kick me out of the club but my favorite all time Fender neck from an 83 American Strat was sitting around doing nothing and I missed playing it dearly. It has now found a home on my FSR BSB. I'm sorry but I just couldn't stop myself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Beachbum

Beachbum Friend of Leo's

misposted

8. Beachbum

Beachbum Friend of Leo's

That's common on Fender vintage bridges which is not the only but one of the reasons I change all of my Teles to Gotoh Modern bridges. I haven't measured them but either the modern bridges are a tad wider or, because they don't roll up at the edges, they cover that little routing gap. On the other hand it's pretty much a traditional thing and I wouldn't worry about it.

[​IMG]

9. emisilly

emisilly Tele-Afflicted

Some here might disagree but i think that looks awesome!

10. Beachbum

Beachbum Friend of Leo's

Thank you much. I just ordered a set of 52 reissue pups and a matte black guard and that will complete her.

11. Telecasteur

Telecasteur TDPRI Member

Can anyone tell me about what kind of pickups come stock in these? All I can find is that they are called "classic" on the GC website.

12. Beachbum

Beachbum Friend of Leo's

^^ Fender lists them as "hot standard" and doesn't let on about much else leaving one to assume from that description that they are over wound Mexican standard pickups. Maybe? Since I posted the pics above I've changed mine to "Vintage Originals". Not because I didn't like the stock pups. In fact in some ways I liked them even better than the stock Alnico V's in my American Standard but I felt the Alnico III's were more vintage sounding which was what I was looking for. About the only other thing I can tell you is that the stock pups on the FSR are ceramic but again, in my opinion, very good ones.

13. guitargeezer

guitargeezer TDPRI Member

I've joined the Club after lurking for a long time. Absolutely love it, although I may try a humbucker in the neck. I haven't pulled the pick guard yet...is it already routed for a humbucker?

By the way, I used a Friday the 13th coupon at GC and got mine for $435. What a deal!

14. FrankMc

FrankMc Tele-Meister

It's routed and waiting for your humbucker.

15. guitargeezer

guitargeezer TDPRI Member

Outstanding! Thanks, Frank.

16. hmarrero

hmarrero TDPRI Member

Great NGD!!!!

Today I've joined the ranks of proud FSR BSB Reversed control plate guitar owners! USPS delivered, and was I ever so surprised! After returning a previous delivery (from UPS) because of damaged goods, I wasn't sure whether or not the guitar would arrive intact. I'm happy to say that it arrived in MINT condition..and with, believe it or not, practically a perfect set-up! It's as though I 'd cherry-picked it myself! Since this model is only available thru Guitar Center, and there are no Guitar Center stores in Puerto Rico, I had no option but to buy online. I'm glad I didn't give up on the first try! Kudos to GC for their courteous and prompt service...!:p

17. emisilly

emisilly Tele-Afflicted

Congratulations! How much did they charge for shipping btw?

18. hmarrero

hmarrero TDPRI Member

Shipping & Handling costs totaled 28.90, which I found extremely reasonable!

19. emisilly

emisilly Tele-Afflicted

Wow, that is a great deal!

20. hmarrero

hmarrero TDPRI Member

A friend of mine went nuts when he saw the fsr butterscotch tele I've just recieved and decided then and there to order one. Sadly, it seems that they're not available...GC is currently out of stock. It seems they weren't joking when they said is was a limited edition. I hope for my friend's sake GC will restock...heck, something so hot shouldn't be a limited edition!!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.