FSR BSB Reversed control plate club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by goldo, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Murry

Murry TDPRI Member

Hi guys, here's mine. Added a Bakelite pickguard, vintage tuners and Fender OV pickups. Loving this guitar.

Attached Files:

2. FrankMc

FrankMc Tele-Meister

Looks terrific.

3. shanghaitele

shanghaitele TDPRI Member

ceramics or alnico III

Hey, good to know we have a club.
    In September I have purchased a FSR 2011 BSB here in Shanghai, one of the few arrived in the country. A little more expensive than you pay in USA but still a good deal. According to the specs this guitar have Alnico III hot Pickups (i measured 10 Kohm at the bridge and 8 Kohm at the neck) that should be the same of the Highway one. Some of your post mention Ceramics pickups, why? are my specs wrong or there are two type of FSR BSB.

My guitar is also reverse control plate, 3 saddles.

I am very satisfied about this guitar.

Ciao

4. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I just wanna say a "reversed control plate" club is a great concept.

Esp. since FMIC has produced do many different FSRs, just calling certain models "FSR" doesn't adequate differentiate them from one another.

5. DannyAlexGeo

DannyAlexGeo TDPRI Member

Had mine since last October; LOVE it!
    Though it is my first tele so I was bound to!

Shame how my camera flash drained that butterscotch colour a bit!
    [​IMG]

Anyone got any Advice on which decent pickups i might want to install?
    I know he's a strat player but I've got a bit of a John Mayer style so anything that might push toward that would be perfect!

6. FrankMc

FrankMc Tele-Meister

This is mine, but since this was taken I reversed the control panel and installed a vintage string tree.

Attached Files:

7. FrankMc

FrankMc Tele-Meister

And here she is after I reversed the control panel and replaced the string tree. I took this at Robert Johnson's grave in Greenwood MS when I christened her.

Attached Files:

TeleTramp likes this.
  8. Vladimir

Vladimir Friend of Leo's

Wow Frank, that's some wicked mojo for your Tele!

Sent from my iPhone using TDPRI

TeleTramp likes this.
  9. xagyg

xagyg Tele-Holic

Was this easy to do? Much soldering required? Did you swap the volume and tone controls too (in addition to reversing the plate)?

10. xagyg

xagyg Tele-Holic

They are still for sale in some stores in Europe (online too).

11. FrankMc

FrankMc Tele-Meister

It was easy enough, you'll need to remove some wood at the new location of the switch so it will fit. You'll need to do a little bit of soldering the wiring to correct the knobs, very simple.

12. xagyg

xagyg Tele-Holic

Great info. Thanks. By the way, what sort of soldering iron do you use - is there an optimum wattage for this type of work?

13. tele-bastard

tele-bastard Friend of Leo's

Here is one of my two.

Attached Files:

14. FrankMc

FrankMc Tele-Meister

A 50 watt iron was used on mine, my tech has it and it cost about $200, but he says it's worth it's weight in gold because he uses it all the time.
    One wire has to be removed and replaced with a longer wire, it's the (+) wire to the pot from the switch.
    You will need to remove the eyelet ground connector which is screwed to the bottom of the electronic cavity wood where your switch is going to be. That wood will have to be removed with a dremel so the switch will fit, so screw the ground into the side of the cavity because the length of the screw will have it come out the bottom of your Tele. Take your time and have fun.

15. PhillipGregory

PhillipGregory NEW MEMBER!

Got mine last week and absolutely love it! Should also mention that this forum/club was a great help in researching before purchasing.. Thanks all around! I Wasn't able to try it out first as none of the stores around seattle carry the guitar, so I ordered it through g.c. a bit of a leap but couldn't be more happy. Took little time to intonate, the action was near perfect and the neck is just, well you know!

One thing I'm wondering.. I've noticed in some pictures, a "fender special edition" logo on the back of the head. This doesn't appear on mine or some others I've seen here on the forum. Any significance to that?

Great to see some of the mods done here, I'm digging the idea of the 52 bakelite pg n vintage tuners, Wonder how long fender will keep making these guitars.. wouldn't mind another one in the future.. I like that each is a bit unique with the different grains or whatever in the ash body. Well, I've gone on enough. Cheers everybody.

Attached Files:

16. tele-bastard

tele-bastard Friend of Leo's

Welcome Phil... shes a beauty... no significance... I have one with... one without. Both FSRs though. Sorry i didnt see this sooner.

17. Hoopermazing

Hoopermazing Tele-Holic

Ha ha! He should have stuck with the BSB Tele and eschewed the pink blouse... and the frolicking about.

18. emisilly

emisilly Tele-Afflicted

You can add me as a member, as I just picked mine up off of layaway on Saturday. Mine is a 3 piece body, but you cant see any seams. The grain is awesome, plus some flame on the back of the neck. I have a Muy Grande bridge pickup and a GFS minibucker sitting around, so a pickup swap is in the works. I'll post pics once its all done.

19. dstuart

dstuart Tele-Meister

Butterscotch blonde is beautiful.... Those FSR teles are gorgeous....

20. Sensates

Sensates TDPRI Member

Here's mine. Went through some pickups changes (SD vintage '54 neck, DMZ Chopper T, Twang King bridge) and now settled on a set of Fralins Stock, they're brilliant! The stock pickups was really rockin too, but I wanted something more traditional.
    [​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.