FSR BSB Reversed control plate club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by goldo, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Jimmythefish

Jimmythefish TDPRI Member

I have one of these, the only mod I've currently done is Gotoh compensated saddles (world of difference). I have a 50s string tree and some Classicgear tuners on order, as I'm not a huge fan of the look of the Schallers on this guitar. Not sure I'll swap the tree yet but it was $4.

This being my only electric (paired with my 2008 D28 as my only acoustic other than a travel-sized Martin) I'm torn. I don't gig, I just play at home and with friends. I'm trying to decide between throwing more money at this guitar (Nocaster pickups, maybe a 4-way switch, maybe swapping the control plate back to standard) or selling and getting one of the Original series. I bought this particular guitar as my first Tele, not sure that I'd take to it. I much prefer it to my old MIM 60s reissue Strat, which had the old 7.25" neck radius that I never really bonded with. I like the Teles. Rock on the bridge, blues on the neck. Great. So ideally I'd like a guitar that is a match to my D28 quality-wise and that has the nitro finish and American neck. Basically, a lifetime guitar that my kids can inherit. Am I being petty? Should I buy a new Player strat and a Tribute SG instead? The holy trinity of sorts? Or A/B a 50s and 60s Original? That Fiesta red 60s is haunting me. I deserve verbal abuse for posting such a vague and subjective question that only I can answer (and I think I know the answer). But, some perspective or head-shaking might be in order. I could always swap those pickups on the FSR and mull for a few years.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.