FSR BSB Reversed control plate club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by goldo, Feb 24, 2011.

1. goldo

goldo TDPRI Member

What about a GC MIM FSR butterscotch blonde owner's club ?
    :rolleyes:
    Here's mine :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mckeeiain likes this.
  2. NFarrell57

NFarrell57 NEW MEMBER!

I agree Butterscotch Blonde is the only way to go

javiersson likes this.
  3. Telecaster52SE

Telecaster52SE TDPRI Member

Fender FSR Telecaster Butterscotch Blackguard

I was going to replace the bridge pickup in this Tele, but then ran it through my Barber Direct Drive into my Marshall Stack and immediately changed my mind. These pickups are perfect for Hard Rock'n'Roll, hotter than normal MIM, but not too hot. They still are very articulate even with medium overdrive. If you play Classic Country or Chickin' Pickin', you may want to load a Seymour Duncan Five-Two (52) for Tele pickup in it or fork out the $$$ for a CS '52 reissue. I really think this limited special run guitar was made for gigging rockers. I love the reversed control plate by the way, because I mess with my volume all the time to clean up or dirty up the pickups. The other way the switch is always in the way of the volume knob.

Anyway here is my Fender FSR Butterscotch BG 2010. I think I got lucky and picked it off the wall at my GC, right after it was put out. There wasn't a mark or finger print on it.......except for my grubby finger prints rushing it the counter.

Attached Files:

4. Twang Chung

Twang Chung TDPRI Member

I just purchased the exact same guitar a few days ago. Lovin it! No need to post pics. It is still stock. One curious thing about mine is the pickup cavities seem to come out past the ashtray just a hair. No big deal but is this normal or did I get a funky one?

5. Telecaster52SE

Fender Butterscotch Teles various pickups

Recently at my local GC I have played all four (4) current '52 or '51 type Butterscotch/Blonde Fender Teles and I have rated the pickups below. I finally got to play a friend's Fender 60th Anniversary '51 Telecaster Blonde Ash yesterday, when he was trying out Fender Tweed Blues amps. This was the last one for me to try out.

1.Fender FSR Telecaster Butterscotch BG Special Edition - Hottest pickups, Rocker guitar, plus it has a nice 9.5" radius neck.
    2.Fender MIM Telecaster Natural Ash - Medium-Hot pickups but not as hot as FSR Butterscotch Telecaster.
    3.Fender American CS Hot Rod Telecaster Butterscotch BG - Hotter than normal American Noiseless Tele pickups but not as hot as FSR or MIM. Definitely a good Classic Rock or Blues/Rock guitar. Mini-humbucker was too mushy IMO. These guitars would be excellent with a full-sized SD '59 Pearly Gates on the neck.
    4.Fender American CS Vintage '52 Reissue BS Telecaster - These pickups are brighter, best for Modern Country, Classic Country, Chickin' Pickin' etc...Plus you better like the 7.5" radius neck or get something else.
    5.Fender American 60th Anniversary '51 Telecaster Blonde Ash - The American Vintage Noiseless pickups on these are very bright and clear pickups. Very articulate but sweet tone, especially through a Fender Tweed Blues series amp. Excellent for Blues (through the right amp), Modern Country, Vintage Country or Chickin' Pickin'.

If you play Hard Rock, buy a FSR Butterscotch BG Special Edition MIM or Fender American CS Hot Rod Butterscotch BG, IMO.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  6. Telecaster52SE

On mine the pickup route comes outside the ashtray bridge just a hair on the top side, but not on the bottom side at all.

7. Telecaster52SE

Famous Fender Butterscotch Telecasters

Whenever I think of a Fender '52 Butterscotch Telecaster, I immediately think of Billy Squier rocking all out with his, scarlet red parachute pants and all, in the early 1980's.

Attached Files:

8. finntele1000

finntele1000 Tele-Meister

An here's mine.

Attached Files:

9. Telecaster52SE

Here is the new home for my FSR Butterscotch BG Tele. Had to buy the Fender Gray Black Vintage Tweed Case with the black poodle plush interior. A Butterscotch Tele in the Gray Black Vintage Tweed Case is my favorite Fender Guitar/Case combination.
    I guess a Trans Red Strat or Tele would look good in this case too.

If you ever want one of these cases with the Big Fender Amp logo on the top, I would buy one now. I think Fender is changing to a small brass plate Fender logo to the left of the leather handle (not as kul). Music 123 is already selling them with the small brass plate logo.

Attached Files:

10. Brandon mac

Brandon mac Tele-Holic

mine should be here in a couple days!!! i cant wait!!!!

11. FrankMc

FrankMc Tele-Meister

A very proud and happy member of this club, here's mine!

Attached Files:

12. FrankMc

FrankMc Tele-Meister

No it's not a funky one. My bridge pickup route extends a bit out from under the plate, but so did the route on my 78 Tele. I don't think it's at all uncommon.

13. leftovermatt

leftovermatt Tele-Meister

I've had mine for a few months now, it really is a great guitar, good quality. Swapped out the pickups for CS texas specials a few days ago and went up to 10s, now it sounds amazing.

14. MaskedRider

MaskedRider Tele-Afflicted

Where can I get one?

15. GuitarObsession

GuitarObsession Tele-Meister

My First Tele - FSR BSB!!!

Got this last week, and I love it! I can't believe these are the same price as a standard MIM. I got mine with the $100 off coupon as well, so it was really a no brainer...but the quality is what continues to amaze me.

I know you all know what they look like, but I still had to post some pics!

Glad to be a member of the club!

Tele and Amp.jpg

Tele front.jpg

Tele back.jpg

16. mpfitz85

mpfitz85 Tele-Meister

I didn't know we had a club!

17. MaskedRider

So,nobody's gonna tell me where I can get one? None of the GC's near me have one.

18. GuitarObsession

GuitarObsession Tele-Meister

They are only available at GC. They might be gone now. Ask them to check other locations. It's possible they could ship one to you from another store. Good luck!

19. MaskedRider

OK thanks!

20. MaskedRider

I tried to search GC's database and couldn't find one so I called Guitar Center and the told me that I have to call each store till I find one. Is that really the only way?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.