Fry's electronics

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by SacDAve, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Wildcard_35

Wildcard_35 Tele-Meister

The one in Austin was hobbling along last time I strolled in there, but it looked a bit pitiful. Of course, here it is done up in a music theme with giant photos of Willie, Leon Russell, Waylon and maybe a few others.

I always enjoyed being able to get electronic components, solder, motherboards and other such computer related doo-dads there. It's a shame they're having troubles, but I can't say I didn't have my suspicions.

2. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Holic

I used to go to one in San Marcos CA

Done up as Atlantis! Had giant Jacob's Ladder electric arcs out front. Cool giant "alien" beings on display!

I liked it! It was huge and had tons of stuff that interested me. Looks like that one is still open. Haven't been to it in 10 years so no clue on its health. It was the only game in town back then.

3. RatBug

RatBug Tele-Meister

The Tempe store is empty too. Well the consumer electronics side looks OK, but the computer, computer parts, hobby side is almost empty.
    When I was in school I bought all of my electronics project parts there. A couple weeks ago I dropped by for a few resistors and the resistor wall was 3/4 empty.

I asked if the store was closing and was told it was just downsizing.

How the hell to they do that? It's one single giant store.

Best guess is that they start renting out one side of the building for kiosks or build a bunch of small stores to rent out.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.