1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Frustrating break in playing

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ricardo1912, Jan 17, 2021.

1. ricardo1912

ricardo1912 Friend of Leo's

Been off work for three months with a herniated lower back disc, caused by my school work with a group of v small kids with multiple learning disabilities. Too much time either on the floor with them or leaning too far forwards.

At the beginning I was collapsing in painful spasms anf could only move slowly round the house by hanging on to stuff. It's easing now, I can walk more and have started physio.

But I'm still v limited in how long I can sit or stand, so guitar playing is off limits. So frustrating being able to see them but not play and my fingertips are going soft.

No real message here, just a whinge.

2. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

Sorry for your situation. Wishing you a speedy recovery so you can start playing again.

ricardo1912 likes this.
  3. MrDeafeningGuitar

MrDeafeningGuitar TDPRI Member

Sorry to hear this, maybe if you try a smaller nylon guitar or uke to play while lying... Just an idea to consider.

Hope you get better soon:)

ricardo1912 likes this.
  4. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Can you play while lying on your back? James Jamerson (Motown bass player) showed up for a session so drunk that he couldn't stay upright. He wound up lying on the floor on his back to play his part. The song was "What's Going On".

ricardo1912 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.