1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Frusciante?

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Maccai3, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Maccai3

Maccai3 TDPRI Member

2. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

I enjoyed that Maccai3-but then I am a RHCP fan. A shame that John left...he seemed perfect for that band.

3. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

he'll be back

4. robb3566

robb3566 Tele-Afflicted

John Frusciante is a truly brilliant musician. He might just be a bit burnt. Since his first 'comeback' in '02 or so, after his drug problems, the Chili Peppers have been touring and recording almost nonstop.

5. Scotty Lonesome

Scotty Lonesome Tele-Holic

I'm not a rabid RHCP fan or anything. I knew JF left the first time, had a bad time with drugs, and then came back...I didn't know he left again? When? Who is playing guitar with them now? Are they on break?
    Scotty.

6. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Fruciante left earlier this year, his place being taken by the tour guitarist that the RHCP had for several years now: Josh Klinghofer
    [​IMG]

And the Peppers are currently in the studio recording their next album with Klinghofer on board.

As for Frusciante, he re-joined the peppers in 1998 so his second stint with the band was already longer in duration than the first. I have no idea of what he is doing now but I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with The Mars Volta, since he played on several albums of theirs and actually joined them on stage a couple of times.

7. ccrnnr9

ccrnnr9 Tele-Holic

I'd love to see him do something on his own. I haven't explored all his solo stuff though I'm definitely more a fan of his guitar lyricism than some of the song-writing I have heard him do. My ears consider him as the best current rock guitarist. I would love to see something with the mars volta or something that pushes the conventional bounds more than the Chili Peppers most recent stuff...I think his talent is better put to use that way.
    ~Nick

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.