1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Frozen Banana Hack!!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by boneyguy, Dec 5, 2020.

1. boneyguy

boneyguy Doctor of Teleocity

It is actually a cake but it's called 'bread' because it's typically baked in a loaf shape, like bread.

Soooooooo delicious.....spread some butter on it when it's warm.....mmmmmmm

[​IMG]

telemnemonics, RomanS and trev333 like this.
  2. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

F6D000E9-C70F-409D-8DAE-4A02E2E09182.jpeg Looks like my local grocers customer base is a bunch of TDPRIers?
    Seems there was a run on bananas but the joke was on the banana freezing community as the storm took out power so all our freezers got warm.

3. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

Or toast it a little and add butter, best cakey bread ever.
    Note that one ingredient is coffee, maybe for the uninitiated the temptation will get a boost from imagining it's not like a banana smoothie at all? Good with walnuts too, depending on the bakers taste.

4. fjblair

fjblair Tele-Holic

double post. can't delete. why?

5. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Friend of Leo's

My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana. I said 'No, but I want a regular banana later, so... yeah.'

RIP Mitch Hedberg

boneyguy and telemnemonics like this.
  6. Fuelish

Fuelish Tele-Holic

foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, east TN
    I usually have some, halved, in the freezer...a cup of milk, a scoop of chocolate protein powder, a TBS of PB powder, 1/2 of a frozen banana, maybe a 1/4 cup of oatmeal for some mouthfeel, toss it in the Magic Bullet thing that we have - whatever it's called - mix it all well, and it's what's for breakfast....or lunch....or even dinner, relatively healthy meal that doesn't spike my blood glucose levels too high....not as satisfying as a good hot pizza, but....it's tasty, something to swallow my pills with, and answers the question of why I freeze bananas......I like them unfrozen, but then you either have to eat the whole thing, find someone willing to split it with you, or throw the other half out - I don't need a whole banana at a time, am doing well managing my blood sugar and wanna keep it that way. I'll sometimes eat a half one and freeze the other half, and if my wife hasn't eaten the rest before they start to get overripe, will halve and freeze the rest....I hate throwing stuff out, and frozen bananas have their uses. I've frozen them on a "stick" before, melted down some good chocolate, and dipped in the chocolate......my wife acts like I'm a god of sorts when I perform random acts like that :)

johnny k likes this.
  7. boneyguy

boneyguy Doctor of Teleocity

And like many others here we use them for smoothies. My wife makes us smoothies every morning on the weekend and thawed ripe bananas are a key ingredient. She sets them in some hot water to thaw and then peels them.

8. 41144

41144 Tele-Afflicted

9. O- Fender

O- Fender Tele-Afflicted

The reason to freeze bananas for smoothies is it freezes the milk and your smoothie turns into a milkshake.

For that matter, you can add any frozen fruit. Strawberries are also good.

Like I said, it is a milkshake. Mine bring the boys to the yard for some reason.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.