1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

From worship to studio

Discussion in 'Worship Service Players' started by Duncas, May 7, 2013.

1. Duncas

Duncas Friend of Leo's

Hi guys,

Yesterday I was in the studio with the worship band from my church. a lot of home grown songs and we were just putting them onto tape.

Although the other guys were encouraging me to use my chops and licks it felt out of place a little. Im not sure if it was because the songs were so raw or that my style clashes (Im a die hard Punk-Funk fan and most of the guys are gospel soul dudes)

Jitters or am i over thinking a non existing 'pride' issue?

2. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Tele-Holic

maybe do a demo with some of your licks. although I would say that if you feel uncomfortable because it doesn't sound right, chances are, it really doesn't sound right.

btw, congrats on the recording gig! :)

3. Snowwizard

Snowwizard Tele-Holic

I'd say go with what the guys are telling you. You have to trust the guys running the sessions. When the music is your thing (fast punk) you go with your gut more, but in this case you need to trust the producers or whoever is running the session, if they want more go for it, if they want less, they'll tell you.

4. Duncas

Duncas Friend of Leo's

thanks for the responses guys, I aired my view with the WL and he said that because i was unsure about it my heart was in the right place.

5. russintexas

russintexas TDPRI Member

Remember, just because what you think your stuff is doesn't mean that it doesn't fit with what the other dudes are doing. Some of the best music out there is the result of hybridizing different styles.

6. JohnSS

JohnSS Tele-Meister

Can you get the rhythm tracks as .WAV files and try laying down some of your own tracks on an experimental basis using Audacity or some other DAW program if you don't have Sonar or Pro Tools, et al.? This way, you can hear how your playing works in context with the songs and the rest of the team can choose which approach works thee best.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.