1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

From almost nothing to a full 'board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by KelvinS1965, Oct 29, 2020.

1. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Tele-Holic

Not particularly, though I do have some extra heavy duty 3M stuff that I use at work and is currently holding the power supply on the underside of the 'board. I might use that on the pedal bases if they start coming loose.

I had thought that I might drill the 'board and use screws through to the bottom of the pedal (take the base of them off first), but I don't think it will be an issue. Those 'Z' connectors help to lock the pedals together as well.

@mkdaws32 I agree that it's very much personal preference: Different guitars, amps, playing style and song choice, let alone whether playing at home alone, or in a band, etc. I haven't tried this board out with some of my other guitars yet, so there may be some adjustments to make. I'm most likely to be using my Strat with it's mid boost as it gives me the most flexible tone options (though the Esquire runs it pretty close considering it has 2 less pickups, albeit that it has a tapped pickup).

mkdaws32 likes this.
  2. GuitarsBuicks

GuitarsBuicks Tele-Meister

I love my Route 66 v3. Kind of wish I could find a NIB V2 double trouble as I really like the overdrive side of the Route 66. As far as the Hot Tubes is concerned, the only better overdrive for me is still on my wish & drool list...Geer Lightspeed Overdrive.

I also like the Danelectro Breakdown and Roebuck as individual pedals. The only problem is that anything past 2 on the breakdown knob is so incredibly loud even with the volume control most of the way down. Great pedal, but it can be unruly if not carefully used.

mkdaws32 likes this.
  3. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Tele-Holic

Had a session trying different tone print settings for the HOF and Flashback. Some really off the wall options in the library, but I ended up back with the analogue delay, set to a short slapback as this suits the songs that we're doing (not using it on all the songs though).

The HOF is just on a standard TC Electronics 'Room' setting as the plate and others were just too long and start getting messy with any distortion and I will probably just leave it on all the time, so it's a more 'vanilla' effect I guess.

I set the clean channel gain on my 2525H to about 3 o'clock, so it's just starting to break up when really picking/strumming hard as a base setting (with the level matched on the dirty channel, which has a footswitch).

Really pleased with how the sound progress from right to left:
    SP Compressor alone.
    Timmy alone/with the SP compressor.
    SL Drive alone/with the Timmy.
    Black Secret alone set to 'Turbo' mode for full on fuzz.

I've tried stacking the pedals with the Marshall dirty channel, but it doesn't seem to add anything worthwhile. It shares the gain control with the clean channel, so at 3 o'clock it's pretty saturated anyway. Now I've got the HOF and Flashback in the loop I can add them to the pre-amp distortion sound for a bit of thickening; the slapback works well for this for a couple of songs we do.

Between the above and dialing my mid boost up or down on the guitar, plus pickup selection (sorry, it's a Strat ;) ) it covers everything we need to do and then some. If I really wanted to I could always plug in an extra power lead and have a 'guest' pedal on the front end as I have a few full sized ones that I'm not using/not needed for the current set list.

mkdaws32 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.