1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Friendly Welcome

Discussion in 'Forum Problems & Issues' started by Mgeek, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Mgeek

Mgeek TDPRI Member

Feedback for the mods:

When there's a multi page, multi year thread uncovering the answers to very specific questions about a particular legend owned guitar like this one about Steve Marriott's sunburst tele:

http://www.tdpri.com/threads/steve-marriot.321594/page-4

and the guy who actually traded it to him back in 1967 shows up on the thread, perhaps this response:

"This thread was originally started more than eight years ago....start a new one.....

Closed"

is a bit heavy handed?

Could have been a good opportunity to get some really interesting info, but I see from that being the guys only post he's been well and truly scared off.

nojazzhere likes this.
  2. Sparky2

Sparky2 Friend of Leo's

I must say that I agree, Mgeek.

That could have been handled a bit more diplomatically, and in a more friendly, genteel fashion.

;)

Mgeek likes this.
  3. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Friend of Leo's

That happened back in August, before the new regime. It's a bit late to get annoyed now, but yeah it could have been handled better.

4. Mgeek

Mgeek TDPRI Member

Aha, I'm a v occasional poster (basically when something I google shows up on here and I want to post) so don't know about any 'regime changes' etc...hopefully it's something that wouldn't happen now.

A real pity!

5. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

Looks like that was Martin’s one and only post. Great job welcoming and engaging a new member who would likely have had some unique and important contributions to make.

Mgeek and nojazzhere like this.
  6. ecoast

ecoast Tele-Holic

yet they let the idiots post stupid 'copycat' threads as well as "I'm leaving tdpri"

--been getting worse lately, for certain

7. Mgeek

Mgeek TDPRI Member

Have any moderators seen this?

Might one consider unlocking that thread then DM-ing or emailing Martin and asking him back?

I mean, dunno about you guys, but I'd love to hear further details about the guitar, the additional tuners it had, how it got bashed up when he supported The Who (with what band?) , what became of the pink Les Paul special he got in exchange?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.