Friday night 1st night of a 3 day conference drummer and other guitarist dont show-- no problem.

Discussion in 'Worship Service Players' started by Ascension, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Ascension

Ascension Tele-Afflicted

We run the drum program in the board and Jeff and pull it off anyway. here is the clip what ya think?

Am I the only one who is really sick of getting let down by flaky Church band members?

2. 65 Champ Amp

65 Champ Amp Tele-Afflicted

I am blessed with being the only instrumentalist besides my buddy and his drums. He and I sing, and we have the pastors' daughter singing also. When either or both of the others can't make it, I know about it ahead of time, and do it by myself. On the rare occasion I can't make it, they know ahead of time, and use recorded music.

Not communicating is a sign of something being wrong. Now that I lead worship with just a drummer and me on guitar, I appreciate the freedom and flexibility of not having to deal with that stuff anymore. A good acoustic/electric, a great pedalboard, and I have the entire sonic spectrum to myself. The downside is that I don't have anyone to share that sonic spectrum with -lol. And the only time I will bring an electric and amp is on the rare occasions we have a special event and invite the team from a sister church. Then, I just lay back and play the solos and fills. Nice change of pace.

3. consumnfire1229

consumnfire1229 TDPRI Member

The struggle is real! I am the worship leader at my church and have a core group of musicians who are faithful. I can can count on them. We only have one flaky person. The problem is that one member brings the morale down of the entire group. When you put reliance upon an entire band it hurts when someone isn't there! Especially without notice!

You guys did an awesome job and overcame! Very nice!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.