1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fret wire size information needed

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Missing Link, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Missing Link

Missing Link Tele-Meister

I have had a new SX Nashville Telecaster style guitar that I started to mod a year ago. The guitar actuly plays well other than the neck needed some overhauling as the neck was never flat when adjusted to be flat so I pulled the neck removed all the frets and radius sanded the fret board were it is nice and flat now, but for reference I had the old frets stored so I could replace with the same size. Well yes I have lost the old frets so does anyone have an SX Nashville Telecaster style tele and can tell me what size fret it is.
    Back of my mind I am thinking med jumbos?

Cheers

DL046897.jpg

2. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity

I no longer have my SX so not sure. Be careful because different makers and people have different opinions on "Med Jumbo".

For vintage style frets you want something in the range of .046 tall and .095 wide. I like something .046 tall and ~.105 wide. If you get into Jumbos that are tall like .055-.059 some people have a lot of trouble playing them.

3. Missing Link

Missing Link Tele-Meister

I believe I found one at the bottom of the empty box I have, not sure how to size it up but if I measure the height from claw to crown in MM's it's about 3.1mm and wide is about 3.0mm.

Cheers

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.