1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Free "Rut Bustin' Guitar" lesson

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by TJScarlett, Mar 7, 2012.

1. TJScarlett

TJScarlett Tele-Meister

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say "Thank you" to all of you who have purchased the lessons, checked out the Youtube clips and who have checked out and "Liked" our Facebook site. It's been great receiving the emails from everyone letting me know they're learning from the lessons. Just wanted to do a "Free" lesson for you all that hopefully you can incorporate into your playing style. If you haven't checked out the lessons just check out the link in my signature or visit the Vendor section here on the forum. Thanks again for everything! I really appreciate it.

2. coolbreeze475

coolbreeze475 Tele-Meister

Lame

3. TJScarlett

TJScarlett Tele-Meister

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. coolbreeze475

Boy this guys a legend in his own mind. There's a lot of great guitar players that come to this forum but your definitely not one of them. I have video's posted here and my name is Joe Latch feel free to look through my vids and then we can discuss me giving you lessons.

5. TJScarlett

TJScarlett Tele-Meister

Joe I've seen some of your videos. I chose not to comment. I also choose not to degrade you on a forum. It doesn't make much sense.

6. Suttykins

Suttykins Tele-Meister

Good on you. Life's too short to humour those who treat the guitar as an extension of their manhood.

7. middy

middy Friend of Leo's

It's really a major 9 arpeggio with the F# at the end... playing it from the B adds an A# accidental... cool Lydian sound, but outside the key of E.

Thanks for the free video!

8. sdlotus

sdlotus TDPRI Member

Good job I'll take all the help i can get.I'm at the low in of guitar playing and need this kind of help.Send some more......................stan

9. middy

middy Friend of Leo's

Welcome to the ignore list. I've got no interest in what people with middle school mentalities do or say.

10. Ormond

Ormond Tele-Afflicted

CoolB - have you looked at some of the other Vids T. J. has posted here? The guy is a monster player - one of our best.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  11. Mightyaxeman

Mightyaxeman Tele-Afflicted

Joe, I was just looking at your bender vid. Why do you have your timara levers so far apart? It looks like a struggle to get to them each time. You also seem to be a legend in your own mind. Give that other guy a break.

12. ADinNYC

ADinNYC Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Damn

dude...that's pretty harsh. What are you trying to achieve by treating someone in such a manner? You just made yourself look like a fool.

13. ADinNYC

ADinNYC Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Perhaps you would you have said something like...

I noticed the total lack of people at the bars he was playing in.

14. coolbreeze475

Hey guys I'll give credit where credits due. TJ did a very good job on his rut busting post. His other posts show me that he is a good guitar player. I said he was not a great player and I stand by that. I am a not a great player either.

I guess I got to upset because I started thinking of the beginer guitarists that would get misled by it.

The above video show applications of musicical performance that would be undersirable and impractical. It also shows music theory lies and nonsence examples.

I harshly, hastely and wrongfully came to a strong opinion of TJ. I had a thinking error because I pictured him as portraying himself as an authority of Guitar playing.

I'm not perfect but I am real and human.

Joe Latch

15. TJScarlett

TJScarlett Tele-Meister

Joe,

I really don't know what to say to you my friend. You obviously have something against me, which is fine. I don't know why as I've never spoken to you. Posted in any of your threads. Commented on any of your videos, etc. I've never ever touted myself as a "great" guitarist. Not sure where that came from?

As for your opinion (which you're entitled to) that the "above example shows applications of musical performance that would be undesirable and impractical". Again I don't know what to say? Using notes from an Ionian, Myxolidian and Lydian scales in a major mode are practical. I sent your message to my friend (who is a "Great" session player in Nashville and who also taught me this idea) and he said "Well I guess some people just don't look outside the box".

So if the above example is undesirable and impractical to you then I'm sorry that you feel that way as I was trying to share something I consider useful with the rest of the community here on the forum. As for you thinking I was portraying myself as an Authority on guitar playing (which I was not).........Isn't that what you're kind of doing right now? :)

Anyway as I said above I in no way want to comment or degrade you as a person/player. That's not my style. I hope you have a great day and a wonderful weekend.

16. BigMike

BigMike Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Hey TJ

I purchased your Rut Bustin Country Guitar DVD and cannot complement it enough, great licks, excellent quality video and very much worth the money!

I cannot understand where coolbreeze475 is coming from with his comments, they are very rude, insulting, non constructive and totally inappropriate and I shall most certainly be ignoring any further postings or videos that he makes on this website!!!!:mad:

T.J. when is the next Country DVD coming out because I for sure will be purchasing one, keep up the good work mate....

I don't normally get involved in any off these type of posts but this one got me going a little...... I have no association with T.J. other than I have purchased his DVD but man those comments are in my opinion so out of order I felt I just had to respond....

BigMike

17. guitar dan

guitar dan Tele-Afflicted

TJ may have never said that he was a great player, but after watching the video on front page of his facebook, I'll say it- TJ is a great player.

He plays a couple of different styles and is as smooth as silk.

Cool lesson too. I like to use arpeggio substitutions to access other sounds. Thanks for sharing.

18. TJScarlett

TJScarlett Tele-Meister

Thanks Dan. That's very kind of you to say. Glad you're digging the arpeggio idea.

TJ

19. kellytaster

kellytaster TDPRI Member

Thanks for the free lesson even the most seasoned old pros can always learn something and of course not everyone here is an "old hand" there are many who will make good use of this and improvise. So keep em coming, and thanks again.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.