Free heat

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
Heh, if I tried that now, the clothes would come back into the house, frozen stiff, only to melt and be as sodden as they were going outside ⛄
I remember snapping a bed sheet in half, trying to take it off a frozen washing line, back in the '80s. :D

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
I started two threads about humidification and heat recovery over the weekend. Thanks to everyone who posted, agreeing with me or not. There's one thing I didn't think about and that's regional differences. I wouldn't be boiling water or venting a dryer indoors any time of year in Hawaii and I certainly don't do it in NY when it's warm outside. Regional and climatic differences are important. Forget about everything I said if you live someplace where you can heat your home with a heat pump. That may be possible a hundred years from now where I live, but the beaches will be a few yards south of the Long Island Expressway. I'm glad I won't be here to see that.

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Plus, nothing like the feeling of fresh laundry that was dried outside in the sun.
Thanks, you brought back a wonderful memory from childhood of my mother and drying clothes in the backyard. They always smelled so great, just like...home.🥲

1643068067976.png