Free Food Social Experiment

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by SonicMustang, May 13, 2020.

1. Chester Burnett

Chester Burnett Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

I make a big show out of licking my hands and rubbing them all over a whole pizza. Then I only need to take one at a time.

2. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity

Two slices with peppers and onions.

3. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

I was in a lunch meeting one time when a guy leaned forward and sneezed on a pizza. I think it was intentional. No one touched it and I saw him boxing it up and carrying it off after lunch.

4. Pualee

Pualee Tele-Holic

Normally...

I go to the back of the line, because if I eat, I eat A LOT! In the back of the line, everyone already had a chance and I clean up as much as I want. If it runs out before I get there, I exit the line and go out to eat and buy A LOT!

However, in these times, I can't even go to work, so... I stay home and eat A LOT! It makes me happy.

electrichead and SonicMustang like this.
  5. stratoman1

stratoman1 Friend of Leo's

None. I like pizza but lunch is my quiet time . I dont talk to anyone, just sit in my car, eat a sandwich, listen to some music and do a little web surfing

electrichead likes this.
  6. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Back when we weren't all working from home ... we'd have regular office lunches. I'd often grab stuff and leave, mumbling about a made-up online meeting or some such thing.

7. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

Pizza buffets are why they invented cargo shorts.

SonicMustang likes this.
  8. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I think I would skip the pizza and go work on my resume. I would not expect any company this lacking in leadership to be around long. ;)

drf64 and SonicMustang like this.
  9. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

10. TelenTubes

TelenTubes Tele-Holic

It depends. Is this lunch, mid-afternoon snack, or dinner?

11. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

My office must spend a fair bit of money every year on a fancy Christmas dinner. The last few years I've passed on it. I much rather they divided that $$$ and spent it on several office lunches -- with something better than pizza. By far the best office lunch they did was catered by this fellow that has a Singaporean cafe, and does halal food.

Assuming we ever get back to the office.

12. Bluesboy3

Bluesboy3 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Bent, exactly right. But, do YOU eat Pineapple on YOUR pizza? If we are going to be judgy, let's just get ALL the pineapple eaters into a different room and serve them fruit salad.

SonicMustang likes this.
  13. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

What kinda nimrods run your joint ?

Free food in a room ?

Everyone go in and help yourself ?

Anyone who enters to grab some is immediately fired.

(Cuz them’s the ones that’s gonna get you killed !)

What in the hell...

14. Bluesboy3

Right? Are we? Weird times..

15. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

I worked at a place which often had catered lunches (nothing fancy, take out pasta and pizza and salad) and the leftovers would be left out for others to scavenge. This was 10 years ago mind you before we had the current strain of power cooties to contend with. One guy in particular got known for being able to spot these a mile away and was always walking around with a paper plate filled with something. One day, the marketing department had a box of donuts out with a little sign that said "Take one! EXCEPT FOR YOU BILL MASGOOSKINZSKI!" (not his real name.)

Ian T likes this.
  16. Bluesboy3

17. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

one of my sisters crows about the value of cauliflower flour pizza... people can do whatever they want with their food... hey two girls with a cup! whatever! For me... I have no real use for pineapple on a pizza, but I am kind of choosy about pizza... it has to be 'good' pizza... but, hey, I dunno!

18. eclecticsynergy

eclecticsynergy Friend of Leo's

I think in the case of those who took four, it might not have been entirely due to greed/gluttony.

When you're near the head of the line it can look as if there's a ton of food there.

Sure, they should've known better. But they may not have realized it might be leaving somebody without any.

Then again, I don't know them the way you do.

Familiarity breeds contempt. And that isn't always unjustified.

getbent likes this.
  19. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

[​IMG]

I don't know. Do we know what kind of pizza Jimi liked?

20. Ian T

Ian T Tele-Afflicted

There is always gonna be that one person...

You know the type. Supervisor takes group out to lunch, they are the one that orders the most expensive item available, and an appetizer and a milkshake. Just totally overdoing it. Then they eat a small portion and take the rest home to make a couple more meals out of it. This same person orders from the dollar menu and drinks water when it's on their dime.

At the pizza party, they are the ones starting off with 2 or even 3 pieces, then pretending to bring a second plate for somebody else, only to hide them away for later, foolishly thinking nobody was watching.

They are the type of people that when participating in a Secret Santa gift exchange will buy something impressively cheap and undesirable, well beneath the agreed price range, as if nobody else could see this. It's usually that gift that gets given up the most times, nobody wants it.

At the family potluck, they are the ones that bring rice, then set aside plates of meat and other goodies to take home later, while the meat runs out and others at the party go without.

They are the type of people that basically will try to milk as much out of any opportunity that is placed before them if they feel they can get away with it.

It's a bad look in the office setting, because it is always - and I mean always noticed by others. It's those moments that most define to others their genuine character traits.

SonicMustang likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.