Fraser guitars - custom built by Dean Fraser

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by saxosim, May 30, 2016.

1. saxosim

saxosim Tele-Meister

Hi All,

I wanted to set up this page to show our appreciation for guitars built by Dean Fraser of Fraser guitars.

For those of you not familiar with Dean's work have a look on his Facebook page Fraser guitars or his website - http://www.fraserguitars.com/

Dean built a Surf green 62 style relic'd tele for me and it's fantastic. Definitely on par with my favourite Fender made telecaster.

Here are a few photos of mine, please add photos of your Dean built guitars to this page :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2016
    Brucesu likes this.
  2. saxosim

saxosim Tele-Meister

3. valiant

valiant Tele-Holic

Great looking Telecaster.
    So does Dean make the necks and bodies or buy in and what are the pickups?
    Real artistry in the relic work up there with MJT far more authentic than a Nash....good prices too.
    Hats off to Mr Fraser.

saxosim likes this.
  4. emisilly

emisilly Tele-Afflicted

Those ferrules in the back though......super crooked. Otherwise an amazing looking guitar!

5. saxosim

saxosim Tele-Meister

Thanks yes Dean makes the bodies and necks himself and used to also make the pickups in house but now has those made externally for him. I am so pleased with mine.

Yes the aging work is unbelievable and certainly the best I have seen in the UK.

6. saxosim

saxosim Tele-Meister

Thanks the ferrules being crooked was intentional as Dean advised some early teles had this. Yes this would have been resolved by the 60s so i would prefer them aligned but other than that small detail it's a fantastic guitar.

7. valiant

valiant Tele-Holic

Thanks for the reply....so the necks and bodies are made in house...any idea on where they source the pickups...(and is
    there an option for "super crooked" or "aligned" ferrules....)
    But all considered a most interesting proposition for a custom
    relic Telecaster.

saxosim likes this.
  8. saxosim

saxosim Tele-Meister

No problem valiant, yes the necks and bodies are all made in-house by Dean, I don't know where Dean gets his pickups made though as he never advised but they are alnico 5 in mine with cloth covered wire etc. He gets them made to his specs.

I am almost certain though that he would make you one with aligned ferrule holes too. Drop him a message he is great to deal with and very friendly.

Just to advise I am not connected with Fraser guitars at all, I am just a customer who wanted to spread the word on his amazingly priced great guitars.

9. valiant

valiant Tele-Holic

Just taken a look at the website and must report back that all the
    Fraser Telecasters in stock had "super aligned ferrules" and perhaps
    the "super crooked ferrules" are only to be found on a Toploader model......half expect the pickup options to be Bare Knuckle (the
    Creamery are local)......are they one piece bodies/what's the neck profile like and fret wire/and finally are they super light specimens?

Got to say I wouldn't half mind a Fraser Telecaster one day..as a pet!

saxosim likes this.
  10. saxosim

saxosim Tele-Meister

Yes the body is one piece and the neck profile on mine is a nice mid profile it I am sure Dean can tweak them as required. Drop him a message and have a chat he will be able to answer any questions

11. jackfuller1900

jackfuller1900 NEW MEMBER!

Love the Surf Green 62 Tele!

Dean built me a Sunburst 62 Start a while back - it's one of my favourite guitars, sounds and plays awesome and I've owned a few in my time...

Only thing I've changed is the neck pickup to Seymour Duncan which brightens the guitar up a little.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.