Frankie Ford "Sea Cruise" thoughts???

Cadillac_Mike

Tele-Holic
I've always loved this song and just introduced it to my local jam group on lead vocals & keys and they really love it. Just curious your thoughts on the song even if you hate it lol. I know it's kinda corny but seriously; could you imagine seeing a live band perform a fun upbeat feel good classic like that? I've seen countless live acts recently and everyone seems to forget that the audience wants to hear something fun and upbeat....

Deeve

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
It's great fun w/ a rowdy crowd.
Feel free to write additional verses, and invite folks up to sing the chorus/harmonize.
Highly recommended.
Peace - Deeve

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
They used to crank stuff like this out, all the time in studios in New Orleans.

From time to time, WWOZ will play long sets of songs just like this one. Weeknights, around 9 PM or thereabouts. I've heard this one, so many times I just take it for granted.

billy logan

Tele-Afflicted
Love "Sea Cruise" - Come summer set your band up dockside in Duluth, duet with the James R. Barker's horn! omg (Great Lakes shipping season thread)

then write an original - "Duluth Dockside Duet"

A one-minute excerpt of Jerry Lee Lewis' "Sea Cruise" (against any reasonable expectation) kicks off this week's Exploring Music with Bill McGlaughlin. This week's topic (mostly music, a little edification) is "Pacific Overtures" If you miss it you'll miss didgeridoo, Kiri Te Kanawa, music from around the Pacific -

In Dallas/Ft.Worth, 7 to 8 p.m. M- Fri. this week WRR 101.1 FM

this-weeks-playlist-589627

but there is a podcast

Last edited:

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
I love it. My uncle who is a pro did it for years. I wish I'd thought about last time we gigged, I'd have suggested it.

Is that the original recording? It doesn't sound like it was from 1959.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
As a kid in the 1960's I actually had a Herman's Hermits album ( for my Sears phonograph) with " Sea Cruise" on it.
I of course, thought it was their song!

So I love it! Wish I had a vocal range to sing it.

AlfaNovember

TDPRI Member
I think of Sea Cruise as a Huey Piano Smith song.. which Jerry Jeff Walker covered, and which subsequently inspired Todd Snider.

Three artists I love, so of course I like it!