Frank Zappa: Black Napkins

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire

Did Frank write this after he composed the Black page on his Synclaver prior to giving it to the band to learn , just to up the anxiety level of the player or as a knock knock joke in the real?

and a solo piano performance of the piece The Black Page, revealing Frank abilities to compose beautiful melodies

Another Beautiful performance of the Black Page on solo piano

Last edited:

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire

Did Frank write this after he composed the Black page on his Synclaver prior to giving it to the band to learn , just to up the anxiety level of the player or as a knock knock joke in the real?

and a solo piano performance of the piece The Black Page, revealing Frank abilities to compose beautiful melodies

When I first heard King Kong the album by Jean Luc Ponte way back in my twenties long long ago I learned that that Frank wrote beautiful melodies. When the melodies were not slicked and diced then feed through a Cuisinart shuffled and passed out as if at random to the players... Jean Luc Pontes Recording of Franks music is superb.
Jean Luc Pontes playing for me is a wonderful treat, and yes he can tear it up with style and grace.
HERE:

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Without digging out all my CDs, I'm pretty sure these were both composed before the Synclavier was invented...
O.K , I was joking about that but Franks use of the Synclaver to screw with the help, he used To like to play the leee-tall jokes remember Adrian Belew in the WACs Uniform for a whole tour.....

Muddyshoes

Tele-Holic
When my oldest brother came home with the album "We're only in it for the money" in 68 or 69 I thought oh boy Mom and Dad are right, if you smoke pot you lose your mind. And about two years later I was following in my brothers foot steps and got in to Franks music......Funny thing though, Frank NEVER touched any drugs, a true genius. Me on the other hand had to dabble in "Space Cadet" mode to start to understand and appreciate it. Sad we lost the Muffin man way to early.