1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fralin Neck issues

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by slowpinky, Sep 25, 2010.

1. slowpinky

slowpinky Tele-Afflicted

Hi all. Im currently putting in a set of stock Fralins in a friends Partscaster - with a 4 way mod (fender style with pos 4 being both p/u's in series.) so Ive had to add a another lead from the cover tab and disconnect the old one from from the cover etc. I have a couple of questions because there is a problem with the neck pickup.
    1)It's very very low in output - I thought the switch might be faulty and my multimeter is on the blink so cant get a reading but after connecting it directly to the output - its still really low. I tried reversing the phase just to see if it made a difference and it sounded just the same - I notice that the exposed coils under the cover are very fine and Im wondering how easy it is to damage the fine coil wire underneath on these pickups - if a piece of solder or a stray piece of wire gets in there - does anyone have any experience with this kind of issue- particularly with these pickups?

2)Does anyone know how long Fralin take to service a pickup usually? The reason Im asking is that Im in OZ - and it looks like the only option is to send it back to the US which frankly could take well..months. By the time I or my mate here pays shipping and a recoil/service fee etc - it could well be worth just getting a new one at the current exchange..

I will have to telephone Fralin at some ungodly hour because there is no email contact there and I dont have a fax of course - but thought Id trawl for some wisdom here first.

Appreciate any advice/experience on that. cheers

2. benbo

benbo Tele-Afflicted

Hi, send me your info and I'll get in touch with him for you. He will probably just send you out a new one. Lindy is top notch and does things the right way. I live near him, well about an hour but I can call him for you and handle the details. I need your name, address, phone number, email etc... anything Lindy may need to verify the purchase etc.. Take care.

3. slowpinky

slowpinky Tele-Afflicted

:)

Hey Benny -that is very good of you mate!!
    As I said Im doing this for a friend who bought the pickups himself - I'll PM you his contact details..
    so Lindy can verify the sale etc.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.