Four months in!

Skyhook

Friend of Leo's
Hello everyone,

I am a relatively new electric player. I purchased my first electric (daphne blue player series tele) about four months ago.
And a second electric a couple days ago--a yamaha eg303--because it was selling for cheap and......yeh. I am in that phase(please tell me it's a phase) of looking online every single day at what teles are on sale around me.... please tell me this will stop.

I have only played the acoustic guitar all these years. So, the telecaster seems VERY heavy to me. HAHA.
I just cannot get used to the weight!!!! I was so surprised when I tried the Yamama eg303. It almost felt like a toy. The neck of the eg303 also seemed to fit better for my hands. Based on this, if there are any suggestions on how to find a better fitting guitar (more comfortable to play for my hands), please feel free to share. Thank you to everyone here for their knowledge!! I certainly appreciate it.

1) "I am in that phase(please tell me it's a phase) of looking online every single day at what teles are on sale around me.... please tell me this will stop".

Nope. It's not a phase.
This is what's known as GAS(Gear Acquisition Syndrome) 'round these parts.
Sometimes you grow out of it with old age like with some allergies, but this is not common.

2) "if there are any suggestions on how to find a better fitting guitar (more comfortable to play for my hands), please feel free to share"

Just because the the headstock says "Telecaster" it doesn't mean the specs will be identical.
There will be differences in lacquer, finish, neck and fretboard profiles, weight and such.
For instance, one of my musical associates has a MIJ Tele with a hard V neck profile and to me that thing feels dreadful!
Personally I have a MIM Classic 50's Tele and the neck profile there is just perfect for me.
TL;DR - Don't throw the Tele-concept out with the bathwater just because your Tele doesn't quite fit your hands.
Try some other(as in other series(product lines) of) Telecasters!

Sax-son

Friend of Leo's
Oh, I get you. If this helps:

I usually don't plug in when I test guitars in a shop. 5 or 10 minutes unplugged will give you and idea if you like the feel of the neck or not. Once you have it narrowed down to a few you like, then you can plug in to see if you like the sound.

I played guitars unplugged for about a year before I figured out what I did and did not like. At that point, I asked a shop about a model, and they let me use an amp in a lessons room all by myself.

I am still shy about playing in front of people - but I am working on that too.
Thank you for that! One of the reasons that I hate about going into a music store or shop is when there is someone wailing away on some out of tune electric guitar trying to sound like the next Eddie Van Halen. It just raises my blood pressure and anxiety level.

Buying an electric guitar is mostly about the "feel" of the guitar in your hands anyway. I usually never plug one in at the store. I already know what a single coil or humbucker sounds like so there is no reason. Most of the time the amps in the store are not the same as what you own anyway. Testing gear out is a very personal event and you shouldn't be distracted by looky-loos or some overzealous salesperson. It should be of your own methodology.