Four months in!

blueteletubbie

TDPRI Member
Hello everyone,

I am a relatively new electric player. I purchased my first electric (daphne blue player series tele) about four months ago.
And a second electric a couple days ago--a yamaha eg303--because it was selling for cheap and......yeh. I am in that phase(please tell me it's a phase) of looking online every single day at what teles are on sale around me.... please tell me this will stop.

I have only played the acoustic guitar all these years. So, the telecaster seems VERY heavy to me. HAHA.
I just cannot get used to the weight!!!! I was so surprised when I tried the Yamama eg303. It almost felt like a toy. The neck of the eg303 also seemed to fit better for my hands. Based on this, if there are any suggestions on how to find a better fitting guitar (more comfortable to play for my hands), please feel free to share. Thank you to everyone here for their knowledge!! I certainly appreciate it.

3rdworlder

Tele-Meister
Welcome aboard! If you like thinner necks you might find interesting the Squier Telecaster Classic Vibe necks. These guitars are not light, but as I see the necks might work for you. Perhaps you come across some CV guitars at your local guitar store.

blueteletubbie

TDPRI Member
Thank you and thank you for that suggestion. When I was deciding on what electric to get, I was between the players and CV and got the players. I actually haven't tried the CV yet. I will have to check it out!

blueteletubbie

TDPRI Member
Welcome aboard! If you like thinner necks you might find interesting the Squier Telecaster Classic Vibe necks. These guitars are not light, but as I see the necks might work for you. Perhaps you come across some CV guitars at your local guitar store.
Thank you and thank you for that suggestion. When I was deciding on what electric to get, I was between the players and CV and got the players. I actually haven't tried the CV yet. I will have to check it out!

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Hello everyone,

I am a relatively new electric player. I purchased my first electric (daphne blue player series tele) about four months ago.
And a second electric a couple days ago--a yamaha eg303--because it was selling for cheap and......yeh. I am in that phase(please tell me it's a phase) of looking online every single day at what teles are on sale around me.... please tell me this will stop.

I have only played the acoustic guitar all these years. So, the telecaster seems VERY heavy to me. HAHA.
I just cannot get used to the weight!!!! I was so surprised when I tried the Yamama eg303. It almost felt like a toy. The neck of the eg303 also seemed to fit better for my hands. Based on this, if there are any suggestions on how to find a better fitting guitar (more comfortable to play for my hands), please feel free to share. Thank you to everyone here for their knowledge!! I certainly appreciate it.
based on your post , oh your in trouble deep if your married , oh my you've got no idea how deep the rabbit hole goes ,
Some spouses unner stan that it's a great way to keep the dog on the porch or in the woodshed and others don't have much patience for the malade.Understandably so.

You better give it up, take up the accordion, unless it's way past to late

StoneH

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Howdy from Florida!

What makes a neck right for you is totally subjective. Objectively, I found the neck on the new CV 50s to be virtually identical to a '69 Strat (measured with a caliper). I no longer play standing, so arm and belly contouring made it as comfortable to play seated as the Strat, although it's still almost 9 lbs.

<Edit> Another thought occurs to me (although it probably applies mostly to gigging cover musicians). I almost always had a Gibson and a Fender, usually an SG and a Strat. Those are two guitars with a totally different feel, but when when you grabbed one for the song at hand, it was the right guitar. On the other hand, I am having a bit of difficulty adjusting to a new acoustic with 2mm (total) narrower string spacing than my primary acoustic.

Last edited:

Buell

Tele-Holic
There are some Squiers where the neck might be a little more suited to what you are looking for but they are still a bit on the "heavy" side. It sounds like you are down the rabbit hole with no turning back, so might as well build your collection. Welcome aboard the addiction train!

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Lots of different neck profiles on Fender guitars. They are listed on most sales sites. You may like the "modern C" neck, and there are others that are on the thinner side as well. Neck width, neck depth, neck profile, and fingerboard radius all add up to the "experience" of feel.

Sometime, you just have to go out and play a bunch to figure out what feels best, then look for your favorite neck from there. It took me a few years, and then a few years later I changed my mind and bought a second.

Enjoy the process!

blueteletubbie

TDPRI Member
Howdy from Florida!

What makes a neck right for you is totally subjective. Objectively, I found the neck on the new CV 50s to be virtually identical to a '69 Strat (measured with a caliper). I no longer play standing, so arm and belly contouring made it as comfortable to play seated as the Strat, although it's still almost 9 lbs.

<Edit> Another thought occurs to me (although it probably applies mostly to gigging cover musicians). I almost always had a Gibson and a Fender, usually an SG and a Strat. Those are two guitars with a totally different feel, but when when you grabbed one for the song at hand, it was the right guitar. On the other hand, I am having a bit of difficulty adjusting to a new acoustic with 2mm (total) narrower string spacing than my primary acoustic.
Yeh! Certainly amazing how our hands feel the 2mm difference. Looks like I am yet on the journey to finding that "right" feel guitar. I will have to try out different guitars for sure. Thank you!

blueteletubbie

TDPRI Member
Lots of different neck profiles on Fender guitars. They are listed on most sales sites. You may like the "modern C" neck, and there are others that are on the thinner side as well. Neck width, neck depth, neck profile, and fingerboard radius all add up to the "experience" of feel.

Sometime, you just have to go out and play a bunch to figure out what feels best, then look for your favorite neck from there. It took me a few years, and then a few years later I changed my mind and bought a second.

Enjoy the process!
Ah. Sounds like the right way to go. I will have to try out different guitars! (I am currently at the place where I feel really shy to go to the guitar store and asking to play the electrics--because I feel like I still don't really know how to/what to play on the electric vs acoustic. haha.) Thanks!

blueteletubbie

TDPRI Member
Welcome.
Daphne blue is right for everyone.
And it’s not a phase. GAS is everywhere and this is a den of enablers. Run!
Haha. Love it! Daphne blue is very pretty.
But every tele is so beautiful and unique in its own way, huh?

Good to know I am not alone in this "not phase"... HAHA. I am still in the denial stage... need to come to accept my condition..