Forum reader from Oz saying hello

ImprovisedPick

TDPRI Member
Hello all,

I've been lurking around TDPRI for a while and thought it high time I signed on, and gave my thanks for all the advice I've gleaned from these forums. Wish it was around 30 years ago when I was starting out!

I've played a lot more acoustic than electric over the years. When I was 19 or so I bought my first "decent" electric with little idea what I was doing (a Cole Clark strat, made in Melbourne where I was living). I used my eyes more than my ears and my hands, and ended up with a quality guitar, but one that I never bonded with and subsequently played rarely. I'm sure this has happened to many of us. I kept up the acoustic playing. A few years ago, almost 20 years later, I got interested in electric sounds again and got hold of an MIJ TL-62US Telecaster. Huge difference to my old guitar... feels alive in the hands, neck suits me great, and looks the part in creamy vintage white. I'm a happy camper with the tele. Feels right, sounds great. No way would I have bought a tele at 19.. my mate's dad played one with a ciggy in his mouth - it was an old man guitar!

Hanging around here also got me interested in assembling a guitar (calling it a "build"" might be going too far). I'll get round to posting that at some point.

Cheers, and thanks TDPRI posters for all the helpful info over the years-

IMG_6474m.JPG

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Hello all,

I've been lurking around TDPRI for a while and thought it high time I signed on, and gave my thanks for all the advice I've gleaned from these forums. Wish it was around 30 years ago when I was starting out!

I've played a lot more acoustic than electric over the years. When I was 19 or so I bought my first "decent" electric with little idea what I was doing (a Cole Clark strat, made in Melbourne where I was living). I used my eyes more than my ears and my hands, and ended up with a quality guitar, but one that I never bonded with and subsequently played rarely. I'm sure this has happened to many of us. I kept up the acoustic playing. A few years ago, almost 20 years later, I got interested in electric sounds again and got hold of an MIJ TL-62US Telecaster. Huge difference to my old guitar... feels alive in the hands, neck suits me great, and looks the part in creamy vintage white. I'm a happy camper with the tele. Feels right, sounds great. No way would I have bought a tele at 19.. my mate's dad played one with a ciggy in his mouth - it was an old man guitar!

Hanging around here also got me interested in assembling a guitar (calling it a "build"" might be going too far). I'll get round to posting that at some point.

View attachment 1018162
thank you for stepping out of the shadows

nrand

Friend of Leo's
Hello all,

View attachment 1018162
Great looking guitar and a big welcome.
Nick from Geelong

ImprovisedPick

TDPRI Member
Thanks everyone.

Yeah, unlikely those nu metal dangerous looking guitars will hold up as well as the old dad guitar!

I'm in Wagga Wagga. East of Gumly Gumly, west of Book Book (no joke).

Fun Wagga trivia: Legend is that Annie Lennox and Dave Stewart decided to create the Eurythmics in a Wagga Wagga hotel while on tour with another band. Also, birthplace of the chiko roll.

richiek65

Poster Extraordinaire
Thanks everyone.

Yeah, unlikely those nu metal dangerous looking guitars will hold up as well as the old dad guitar!

I'm in Wagga Wagga. East of Gumly Gumly, west of Book Book (no joke).

Fun Wagga trivia: Legend is that Annie Lennox and Dave Stewart decided to create the Eurythmics in a Wagga Wagga hotel while on tour with another band. Also, birthplace of the chiko roll.
I know Gumly Gumly but haven't heard of Book Book! My boss lives in Wagga and I've got some family there, I'm occasionally there for work.

I wonder if that earlier Lennox/Stewart band was The Tourists?