Forum Classifieds.

coco

TDPRI Member
I've sent a few notes about this issue since late December through the "contact us" page but never heard back, they must be super busy.

wierzbowski

Tele-Meister
To the forum powers that be, it would be great if we could leave feedback again. I had another good experience here and would like to share that with other members

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
The way we have to hunt through forums to find classified ads is a disservice to members. Before the format update, one could click in “Classifieds” at the top and see everything listed together. This encouraged “why not” purchases, member from member. With classified ads buried in forums and everything for sale divided into sublistings browsing is actually discouraged. Vendors listed new products in the classified section. It wasn’t free advertising. They pay for commercial status. Hiding their new products is a disservice to them and us. Sometimes you just have to fix mistakes, especially bad ones, and the way classified advertising was reorganized was a bad one.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
The way we have to hunt through forums to find classified ads is a disservice to members. Before the format update, one could click in “Classifieds” at the top and see everything listed together. This encouraged “why not” purchases, member from member. With classified ads buried in forums and everything for sale divided into sublistings browsing is actually discouraged. Vendors listed new products in the classified section. It wasn’t free advertising. They pay for commercial status. Hiding their new products is a disservice to them and us. Sometimes you just have to fix mistakes, especially bad ones, and the way classified advertising was reorganized was a bad one.

Hear hear! I've made several purchases via the former classifieds area cause it was easy to navigate to and you could see everything in one shot, so yep... I made a lot of "why not?" purchases. Today it's just sort of annoying how it's laid out so I'm really not even going out there much i.e. before it was 1 click, now it's several... and I'm still not sure what I'm looking at 1/2 the time LOL!!! Surely it can't be a hard thing for the developers to simply put the classifieds tab back where it was. I know software developers that could do it in probably 5 minutes ;)

Sea Devil

Friend of Leo's
Several of us have complained that there is no way to delete a classified ad or mark an item as sold. No one has even bothered to reply to those who have asked about it. That's not how things are supposed to work.

radiocaster

Poster Extraordinaire
It would have been cool if many people would list pickups and bridges they replaced, tele bodies and so on, but there wasn't really that much stuff on there.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Several of us have complained that there is no way to delete a classified ad or mark an item as sold. No one has even bothered to reply to those who have asked about it. That's not how things are supposed to work.

Generally speaking, I've not had any real issues with the new layouts. Probably the biggest thing for me is the classifieds issue. At first I was thinking "Well... they've only got the classified buried temporarily. They'll put it back where/how it was once they work through all the other tech details." I'm hoping they'll redo the classifieds area and put it back as a tab with a layout similar to the original.

daddyplaysbass

Tele-Afflicted
I got:

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

The requested page could not be found.

"You better put that ol' guitar away; there ain't no money in it, It'll lead you to a early grave" Tom T Hall