Fort Worth Guitar Show

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by dannyh, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire

What a cool show. Thanks for the pics!

dannyh likes this.
  2. 2 Headed Goat

2 Headed Goat Tele-Afflicted

Cheers Danny for taking the pics and taking the time to post and share them. SO many great guitars! Wow. That Oly white Strat with the maple neck - (I know, which one...) well, the one that embodies Jimi's vibe is just off the hook IMB...

dannyh likes this.
  3. Endless Mike

Endless Mike Friend of Leo's

Is Eugene Robertson the same Eugene that had Eugene's Guitars in Oak Cliff until around 1991 or so, only to go into the pawn business?

I'm sure you're right about the Dallas shows, but I can tell you that the Hellecasters were at the Arlington show. I recall that quite clearly. Also, one year they had a big stage at the Arlington show that was hosted by PRS, Seymour Duncan and a few other companies. I recall Bugs Henderson, some other players and Seymour himself up their playing. One year Jim Russell brought Allan Holdsworth into the Arlington show, but that was pretty low key. No band, just Allan in a booth playing solo. But yes, usually Arlington was just booths. For whatever reason, I went to more Arlington shows than Dallas shows, even those I lived in N Dallas.

dannyh likes this.
  4. dannyh

dannyh Tele-Afflicted

I’m sure you are correct about the Arlington show and stages, I swore off guitar shows for a long time and probably missed that era in Arlington.

Yes, that’s the guy from Eugene’s Guitars in Oak Cliff. I bought a few guitars from him back in the day. He always had good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Endless Mike

Endless Mike Friend of Leo's

Same here. My last guitar show was around 1997.

Yeah, I was sorely disappointed when Eugene closed up. As you said, he always had great stuff, and he'd work with you.

dannyh likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.