Forgotten band to give away cheap guitar with ruined finish.

Red Ryder

Tele-Afflicted
I saw this morning that Styx was giving away a Squire Strat that they all autographed as a promotional prize for their new tour. My first thought was, those poor can't afford to give away a n American strat even the cheapest model. Then I tried to remember any song by them, no luck. So I goggled the band and that's when I remembered, oh yeah, wimp rockers. I remembered when they came out and they sucked then. It would be nice to get a free Squire which I like and own, but I don't want anyone scribbling there names on Seafoam green guitar as that could only devalue it. Anyway good luck with your tour boys.

stepvan

Tele-Afflicted
I saw this morning that Styx was giving away a Squire Strat that they all autographed as a promotional prize for their new tour. My first thought was, those poor can't afford to give away a n American strat even the cheapest model. Then I tried to remember any song by them, no luck. So I goggled the band and that's when I remembered, oh yeah, wimp rockers. I remembered when they came out and they sucked then. It would be nice to get a free Squire which I like and own, but I don't want anyone scribbling there names on Seafoam green guitar as that could only devalue it. Anyway good luck with your tour boys.

Come sail away....

artdecade

Poster Extraordinaire
Styx?

dracula.gif

Ron R

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I saw them a couple years back, and they put on a great show. They were doing a guitar giveaway on that tour too.
The best part was, since Dennis DeYoung is no longer with the band and it's his song, there was no chance of having to endure "Babe".

archetype

Fiend of Leo's

Naptha and a rag would take care of those signatures, quickly, getting it back to being a GC/MF FSR Squier Bullet Stratocaster. They're fun, mod platforms.

You should go and win it. New, it's a $180 guitar, so you might come out ahead vs. the ticket price. :D