Forgive me TDPRI for I have sinned

Redleg37

Tele-Meister
I love my vintage spec telecaster but sometimes I want humbuckers, a flat fingerboard, and 22 frets.

ESP LTD EC-1000 ET. Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB pickups and an evertune bridge.

Attachments

• 0B535D09-96D7-403D-89E1-343E61EBD934.png
    0B535D09-96D7-403D-89E1-343E61EBD934.png
    786 KB · Views: 28

Danjabellza

Friend of Leo's
I dig it. I never bought one; but they’ve always been on my “list”. I love the neck on them! Slim and comfy.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Why do I need another tele? So I can have one with tele pups, one with humbuckers, one with p90s, one Nashville, one Bigsby tele, a thinline, and did I miss any?
Baritone, reverse headstock, can one of them have a Floyd tremolo? A bender.

oyobass

Tele-Meister
I love the narrow singlecut LP-like bodies on those. I have a Washburn singlecut like that but a little wider. Has a belly cut, too.
Never had a guitar feel more like an extension of my body like that before. Too bad about the body not ringing out like a good Tele.
Otherwise would be my favorite guitar ever. Still a blast to bash out some rock on though.

Redleg37

Tele-Meister
She's not even here yet and I'm almost ready to buy new pickups.

Wilde pickups have a 500l set on sale for Christmas. I'm wondering how much better they would be over the stock Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB combo. I'm sure I could sell the stock pickups for a good chunk of the money the Wilde's cost.

mRtINY

Friend of Leo's
I got L500s on a Tele of sorts... Great humbuckers with an unusual amount of articulation.

L500s.jpg

Ascension

Tele-Afflicted
She's not even here yet and I'm almost ready to buy new pickups.

Wilde pickups have a 500l set on sale for Christmas. I'm wondering how much better they would be over the stock Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB combo. I'm sure I could sell the stock pickups for a good chunk of the money the Wilde's cost.
I'm not a huge fan of the JB normally in anything other than a bolt on neck super strat. Saying that the JB is really fickle in guitars and can be just pure magic in one guitar and a trainwreck in another. Lets talk about what you don't like in tone when you get the guitar then go from there. Don't assume you won't like that set before you work with it.
The Jazz is a pretty good generic PAF style pickup. Also the Alnico II pro is just a Jazz with a simple swap to an A 2 mag so don't count the Jazz out until you work with it. I have never really liked the Lawrence stuff myself for anything but playing metal with the 500XL.