1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

For those wondering about Billm

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by ASC67, Nov 7, 2014.

1. ASC67

ASC67 Friend of Leo's

Just read this on another forum :

" For all the fans of Billm Audio who were worried, Bill posted this on his Facebook page yesterday and thought I would share.

"I’m celebrating! Back in January, I was diagnosed with brain cancer. My latest MRI scan shows a mere shadow of what was left over after a tricky operation, thanks to radiation and chemotherapy, then a cool non-chemo drug, Avastin. After this, my fourth round of Avastin, I’ll probably be cancer-free.
    The cancer is a fast-growing, deadly bugger, glioblastoma multiforme. I had the MRI that detected it on a Friday, had it removed on Monday. Post-op, I needed physical therapy (which I called Walking School) and speech therapy, because one oddity of my ambidexterity is that my speech center is distributed over both sides of my brain and the two weren’t collaborating because the tumor was located in the right parietal lobe, right where the two halves communicate. I also lost the senses of touch and temperature on most of my left side, but my motor functions were intact. That led to some funny stories. Senses, including proprioception, are improving daily.
    My families (personal, church, choir, chorus, close friends) knew about it, of course, but I didn’t post about it because I knew from the outset that I was going to be OK, even though the online medical articles and statistics about survival are hardly encouraging. I told one of my friends who is steeped in statistical knowledge, that I intended to be an outlier, and she replied, “That is so like you.” But early in the game, the one phrase I didn’t want to hear was, “Oh, Bill, I’m *so* sorry,” no matter how heartfelt, no matter how well-intentioned. Think of it this way: If I said I was going to climb Everest, you might tell me I was crazy, but you wouldn’t say, “I’m so sorry!”
    Besides, it’s turned out to be much more akin to climbing Kilimanjaro: exhausting, but you can walk the entire way.
    I have an amazing support team, including a neurosurgeon who helped develop the microsurgical instruments that enabled the tumor removal, the oncologist who is did the experiments that set dosage, frequency, etc. of Avastin for brain tumors, and a dedicated army of other doctors, PAs, and nurses. My families are there for me, too—my immediate family, my church/choir family, my Starlite Chorale family, my family of close friends, and people with whom I’ve commiserated. Some of them want to discuss the healing technology, others inquire after my mental and spiritual health. Still others pray fervently for me. I answer their prayers with my own, one of deepest, humbling gratitude."

Here's wishing Bill all the best for a full recovery !

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  2. chipwich

chipwich Tele-Meister

Thanks for the update ASC67. I don't currently own any amps that he mods, but I've purchased some of them in the past, have had some good chats with Bill, and have enjoyed reading his posts. I'm sure that I can speak for most in wishing him a speedy and full recovery. Kind of resets your day's perspective, doesn't it.

3. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

its good to know he is doing well. i wonder what happened.. and that is quite a health issue to deal with. positive thoughts sent. get well bill..
    chris.

4. Abu Twangy

Abu Twangy Friend of Leo's

Glioblastoma multiforme is bad stuff.

Good to know he is doing OK.

5. HenrySugar

HenrySugar TDPRI Member

Wish I saw this before I sent him a bunch of emails. Glad to know he is doing better. Cancer sucks.

Just keep your head above, swim.

6. ruger9

ruger9 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Prayers for BillM!! Good to hear everything's looking up!!

7. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Get better soon BillM. Best of luck.

8. tiskit86

tiskit86 Friend of Leo's

Here's to Bill's outlier status! Sometimes it's good to be at the end of the curve.

Keep hanging in there Bill!

9. filmix2

filmix2 Tele-Holic

Well Wishes, Bill! Love your work.
    Thx Asc for bring this to us.

10. knopflerfan

knopflerfan Tele-Afflicted

I've never purchased any Bill M Mods for my Blues Jr., but do wish him all the best and prayers for a speedy and complete recovery. Get well, Bill.

11. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Hey Bill,

Here's to dying of something else, many many years from now.

It's good to know you're still with us.

12. Coop47

Coop47 Poster Extraordinaire

I no longer own a BJr, nor have bought any of his mods, but I've read and heeded Bill's advice countless times. Glad to hear you're doing better Bill! Get Completely Well soon!

13. MaXell

MaXell Tele-Meister

I had suspected a lot of this. Bill's a great guy. Hoping to a full recovery soon for Bill.

14. StoogeSurfer

StoogeSurfer Tele-Afflicted

The BJr sitting in my rehearsal space sounds significantly better because of $50 in mods from BillM. Thanks brother, and for all you do for our community.

15. Telenut62

Telenut62 Poster Extraordinaire

Wow, glioblastoma took out my dad......medical technology is amazing if they can achieve the results Bill is experiencing, I wish him a full recovery and total admiration for the medical staff involved.

16. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

My thoughts are with Bill. My sister is a survivor of this same cancer. It is a hard battle, but it can be won.

17. hardhead

hardhead TDPRI Member

Go at it Bill...you've got a lot of friends on a lot of boards
    Wes

18. JDRNoPro

JDRNoPro Friend of Leo's

So glad to hear this positive news. Thought something odd was up with Bill.

He's a good guy who has contributed much for the benefit of many.

Best wishes for full recovery, Bill!

19. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

What a testimony to the power of positive thinking and the healing power of Almighty God!

20. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

Best wishes to BillM! Wow that is quite a medical story... thx for sharing.

My Blues Jr is a wonderful amp! It has just about every upgrade and BillM mod possible lol.... I gig with it often. Thanks BillM!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.