For the Love of Dogs

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by shovelrider, Feb 25, 2014.

1. shovelrider

shovelrider Tele-Afflicted

It is good to have on hand if there is a potential skunking. I have tried other "remedies" posted in this thread. I've found this stuff to not only work the best, but when the time comes I don't want to be running around trying to mix up a potion. You just lather it on, let it sit for 5 minutes and then shampoo as normal.

2. oldtelefart

oldtelefart Tele-Meister

I have never smelled skunk, but in the 80's I had an Irish Setter who had a prolonged roll on a long-dead whale that washed up on our local beach.

Washing a big dog while throwing up on him was funny, but not half as funny as the sight of an Irish Setter with all his hair shaved off.

3. SteveO

SteveO Tele-Holic

This works very well. My Foxhound got sprayed last summer and I found this on the Net.

4. Omiewise65

Omiewise65 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Glad there are no skunks around here in Europe .
    Despite all that my dog loves rolling in unidentified remains while walking in the dark .
    As a result i had to clean him in the bathtub too, last week .
    Know what you've been going through that night , including the chaos ;)
    28 Kilos pure muscles and wet fur are a bad mix .

5. straightface

straightface Friend of Leo's

Not a wives tale. I've used it and it worked pretty well, right up until the point where the dog decided to shake it all off. My bathroom looked like a murder scene afterwards.

6. chabby

chabby Friend of Leo's

A few years back while Pheasant hunting with bros and pal, we saw a skunk so large walking along an uncut cornfield, we thought it was a Wolverine. I've seen many skunks, both alive and dead and "stinkin to high heaven", but never a mutant the size of what had to be a big old "**** o the walk". I have a Labrador Retriever and always have, normally skunks never pose a problem for us, as we don't get close enough to get sprayed. This skunk had to weigh all of 70 pounds, that's being conservative.

And he was eating very good too because he was porky enough to run with a waddle.
    That, and his off black and irregular striping, caught us disbelieving our eyes at first.
    There's also a mutant Raccoon living in my backyard, because this old boy was so large I was glad I had dog on leash, but briefly thought it was a young black bear.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.