For the Cyclists [UCI Worlds] Team Time Trial Mixed Relay

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by robt57, Sep 22, 2019.

1. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

The 2019 UCI Road World Championships in Yorkshire will make history being the first World Championships to host the brand-new event, Team Time Trial Mixed Relay. The mixed relay will replace the Team Time Trial after it was introduced for UCI trade teams in 2012. The TTT Mixed Relay will be the same as all other championship disciplines, with riders competing as nations for the coveted Rainbow Jersey. But what is a Team Time Trial Mixed Relay?

https://worlds.yorkshire.com/the-latest/news/what-is-a-team-time-trial-mixed-relay/

2. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

...and how do winners of the discipline display a World Champions jersey? Outside of Worlds there are no events.

Too bad Van Aert injured himself at the Tour. He & Van Der Poel were really shaking things up all year.

3. robt57

Good question really. Maybe they will be allowed to wear previous winner collar and or cuff rainbow embellishments or something.

Valverde, Sagan, or Van Der Poel? I would not be too surprised if Van Der Poel has that Jersey for the next year when all is said and done.

4. Flaneur

Flaneur Friend of Leo's

Good new generation coming up. Guys like Evenepoel, Roglic, Pogocar, Bernal......

robt57 likes this.
  5. robt57

My serious fan days are over with these kids now... But it is nice to have the changing of the guard. And the day of the Cipo type sprinter monster is over as well. :cool:

I am old school race wise.

Attached Files:

6. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

It's not something I follow closely but maybe it will help professional female athletes attain wage parity.

7. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

I'd never heard of a "mixed relay" in any type of racing. That's a great idea.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.