for paisley lovers

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by duster77, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Dr.TeleD

Dr.TeleD Banned

Would love to see Angus playing Hells Bells on that SG.

2. elicross

elicross Poster Extraordinaire

They did make at least one paisley Strat -- but it may have been the *only* one. I remember seeing it in a pictorial about John Entwistle's guitar collection in a 1980s issue of Guitar Player. I can't remember if the article said that guitar was really rare, or if it said it was one of a kind.

3. duster77

duster77 TDPRI Member

[​IMG]

4. ROADMAN

ROADMAN Poster Extraordinaire

[​IMG]

5. Texas Special

Texas Special Tele-Meister

Please tell us more. Looks to me to be a 90's Japan reissue with gold bursting.
    Is this factory finished, or something that's been applied by yourself? I've seen factory finished silver bursts, but not gold.

6. Tonemonkey

Tonemonkey Poster Extraordinaire

Remind me, have any of our builders here got closer than Fender recent or not so recent efforts at getting that 68/69 shade with a Paisley build, perhaps using Rafael.Braga's or Krauser's paisleypaper?

Can we see them? I gas so much for one in that original flavour.....

7. Texas Special

Texas Special Tele-Meister

I've yet to see them, but I don't think that the colour is the main problem with any efforts. The biggest problem in my humble opinion is the background.
    Rafael's pattern and colour is great, I think that it's spot on, however I'm not too sure about the 'linin' effect paper. It lacks the beloved 3D effect of the originals and the pearlecent shimmer. Please don't get mne wrong, I think that his efforts are better than any others out there and are fantastic. But, one day! Somebody will get it right. My efforts are getting there slowly (time and weather constraints), even so it's still not going to be an exact recreation. Bloody good, but not exact.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.