FOR ALL THE VETERANS TOMORROW!

Tenderfoot

Tele-Afflicted
USN 1966 - 1974 Aircraft Electricians Mate. Did a six months tour with Marine Barracks, Base Defense Unit, Naval Station Rota, Spain 1967. Company CO was Captain McCaskill. Later on after AEAB School I was sent to VA66 till my EOS.

To my fellow shipmates and other armed forces members, Thank You for Your Service!

Tonetele

Poster Extraordinaire
We held Remembrance Day here today ( it being 11/11) and at 11 a.m. there was silence observed by all.
All you could hear was The Last Post and a minutes silence for ALL men and women past current and Future who gave /give so much for us to live in peace and enjoy freedom. Makes me worry about the citizens of Afghanistan who are starving to death right now.

Cesspit

Tele-Holic
It's strange, Until recently I have never really considered my service to my country as anything other than a job. But with the upsurge in the publics acknowledgement of military personnel and first responders I realise I played a small part in all that for a total of 34 years. Peace was maintained during the cold war and the streets were safer due to the collective efforts of my colleagues (brothers) and myself and today I find it humbling that people feel the way they do towards us. And I didn't do much at all.

To those who live with trauma and injuries, those who gave their lives it is a privilege to be associated with you, however remotely, you have my utmost respect and admiration.