For aircraft enthusiasts: Buying a jet fighter and all the paperwork that comes with owning and flying one.

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
Well, back in the seventies they had THESE...
tonika-egs_s9epod.jpg

aelita_qizi6k.jpg

roden-bass_s97fpa.jpg

elgava_voxnip.jpg

15ba7de11496afa17ee8851e1e44d93f--guitar-rack-art-vintage.jpg

This one reminds me of the Music Man Albert Lee model

But none of those were very good as you might imagine.
Oh boy, so bad they’re brilliant! Are they yours, if so, how did you come by them?

tomkatf

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
Pretty modern. I'd take that over old instruments any day unless I'm going for the authentic look and feel. Useful load probably went up by 40 lbs too!

Edit, wait! $300K???? That's incredibly cheap considering the avionics and an almost zero time engine. Am I missing something?
Yes... operating costs...lol

dspellman1

Tele-Meister
The F1-11 fighter fleet was retired here in Oz some years ago, most were scrapped but 2 were for sale here locally, only 1 mill each, I did think that if I was rich, maybe if I got 9 of my friends and we put in 100k each we should buy one and put it on our front yard. Maybe fire it up at BBQs etc. View attachment 974276
I love the Aardvark. Retired WAY too soon, thanks to politics, mostly, and attempts to make it work for everything. A seriously badass plane with huge range and huge carrying capabilities, it was originally designed to deliver nukes at high altitudes, then found itself one of the best terrain-following sneaky airplanes on the planet. The swing wings led the way for the F14.

Blazer

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I love the Aardvark. Retired WAY too soon, thanks to politics, mostly, and attempts to make it work for everything. A seriously badass plane with huge range and huge carrying capabilities, it was originally designed to deliver nukes at high altitudes, then found itself one of the best terrain-following sneaky airplanes on the planet. The swing wings led the way for the F14.
I actually did two threads about the F-14 Tomcat and its link to the Aardvark