1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Foot switch for Katana 100 MkII

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by StolenBlackMesa, Feb 6, 2021.

1. StolenBlackMesa

StolenBlackMesa TDPRI Member

Anyone have a good switch that would work well with the Katana 100 MkII that aren’t as costly as the $130 BOSS footswitch?

2. Zepfan

Zepfan Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Not really, but Sweetwater had a demo Boss pedal on sale for $99.99 last week.

I have the 50watt Katana without a pedal, so I bought a Fulltone Clyde Wah. Doesn't help with the onboard effects, but takes care of that one.

3. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Tele-Afflicted

If you have the Sweetwater card, it's just $6 a month.

4. bonzo898

bonzo898 Tele-Meister

Honestly I would just try to snap up a gently used one or save up. It’s a very well-built switch and worth it if you’re planning to use the amp to gig or jam with other musicians. The attraction for me to have a full blown no-fuss alternative to my tube amp and pedalboard rig. You just plug in the footswitch and you’re good to go, no pedals needed.

5. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

The Roland GAFC controller is expensive but it is much, much better than a normal footswitch for the Katana - very well designed to match all the capabilities of that amp.

Wayne Alexander and ASATKat like this.
  6. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

me fingers have blisters, I need a footswitch,

7. The Blood

The Blood Tele-Meister

I use the gafc with my katana artist and think its a bargain for what you get, which is access to a myriad of pedal effects for a little more than a price of single pedal. I would look for a used one on reverb, but I did get mine new and felt like it was an essential part of my outfit. I also got the expression pedal which I have configured with the gafc to be a volume pedal on most presets but as a wah on a couple of others. If you're prepared to spend the time setting it up and then practicing with it, the gafc and a katana offers amazing capabilities.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.