1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Foo Fighters' new video "Chasing birds" very trippy and filled with Easter eggs.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Blazer, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Easter eggs to album covers, music videos and everything else from the Band's history.

studio1087 likes this.
  2. John Backlund

John Backlund Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Screenshot_20210403-081250~2.png

Jerry_Mountains and Deathray like this.
  3. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

The only thing I noticed that looked familiar was the 'band in a room' shot from the 'Monkeywrench' video.

This may require additional views.

- D

4. Bryan A

Bryan A Tele-Meister

I loved Nirvana, Foo Fighters is a big meh. It’s unfathomable to me that they are in the RnR Hall of Fame while Soundgarden and Alice In Chains are not.

Broadmoor74 and 61fury like this.
  5. StrangerNY

I fear that late-stage Foo Fighters will be the 21st Century version of The Eagles. Maybe without all the drugs and cut-throatedness, but they're mellowing out for sure.

- D

Bryan A likes this.
  6. Bryan A

Bryan A Tele-Meister

they had a few songs here and there that I liked, but nothing that made me want to run out and buy their albums. They were kind of poppy and lighthearted for me.

7. Manual Slim

Manual Slim Friend of Leo's

That’s why they’re in.

8. Deathray

Deathray Tele-Afflicted

Wow, that video, though. I’m not sure I could pass a drug test after watching that:p

9. StrangerNY

My drummer always said that - one or two killer tunes per album, and the rest is forgettable.

- D

Bryan A likes this.
  10. posttoastie

posttoastie Tele-Afflicted

Pink Floyd 2.0

11. JSMac

JSMac Tele-Holic

Sounds John Lennonish.

12. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

Dave has just done a song with Mick Jagger,,,, the tv panel show that showed it, has been calling it The Foo Fathers...:D

13. Bryan A

Bryan A Tele-Meister

there’s plenty in the HOF not that way. Metallica weren’t poppy or lighthearted. Or Black Sabbath. Or even Nirvana. From a pure influential standpoint, Alice In Chains is far more influential than FF. There was a stretch in the late 90s-early 2000s where you couldn’t turn on rock radio without hearing some band trying to be Alice In Chains. Some may “like” Foo Fighters, but I’ve never heard anyone actually trying to emulate them. In fact, I don’t feel they really have a “patented sound” to emulate, they’re really just a bland pop rock band with a couple good songs here and thefe

Manual Slim likes this.
  14. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Bland pop band?

Note that I posted live versions here, that's because those guys give the best live rock show you can imagine and have fun doing so.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    studio1087, P-Nutz and green_henry like this.
  15. sk25

sk25 Tele-Meister

The complaints that arise any time someone posts about a popular band tend to come across as "It's popular so it sucks". It doesn't matter what band it is, if it's the least bit popular someone will chime in within the first few replies with comments like "I never understood how anyone could like this band".

Hmm..."Sorry the Foo Fighters aren't a telecaster playing old style country band from 1963"? Or is it more "Sorry the Foo Fighters aren't virtually unknown and therefore (somehow) just that much better than all those *sneer* popular bands"?

Personally, I enjoy the Foo Fighters. They have a lot of not so great songs, but then again so does any band that puts out ten studio albums. They have a lot of great songs as well...like someone else said, usually at least a couple per album. Not really a fan of Concrete and Gold, but you can't win em all.

16. Manual Slim

Ahhh but those bands were too big to ignore. Foo just play nice and get all the back rubs.

Bryan A likes this.
  17. Manual Slim

I don’t mean to pooh-pooh the Foo. I only meant to chime in about the hall thing. I’ve paid to see them and it was a fine show.

18. Bryan A

Bryan A Tele-Meister

nope, that’s not it at all. I don’t care how popular or indie they may be. It’s not even so much that I think they’re a BAD band. They’re definitely “ok”. It’s just that I’ve never found anything particularly great that stands out about them. And I think the biggest part is exactly what I posted...they don’t really have a “signature sound” IMO. Led Zep, AC/DC, Metallica, Nirvana, Alice In Chains, etc etc etc all have something about them that as soon a song starts, I know it’s them. I don’t find FF to be that way. It’s like I said, they’re ok definitely not bad, but they’re just kind of bland pop-punk

19. swervinbob

swervinbob Tele-Afflicted

But Pat Smear was in the Raspberry Beret video...

9BEB657D-EE15-4CFF-8644-BB0B043677DB.jpeg

20. JamesAM

JamesAM Tele-Meister

Any band with a 25 year career is gonna have ups and downs for sure, but I’m with you- they’re great! They genuinely enjoy what they’re doing and seem really grateful to be still doing it a quarter century later.

Also “Sorry the foo fighters aren’t buck Owens” is going to have me laughing for the rest of the night

P-Nutz likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.