1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Folding Guitars

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by Boyd, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Boyd

Boyd Tele-Afflicted

Got an e-mail about these from Fender and I never realized there was such a thing. http://www.fender.com/features/folding-guitar/ A quick Google search shows they have been around for a few years and I saw a couple good reviews.

Was this a company that Fender bought? The old review I read didn't mention Fender and linked to http://www.voyageairguitar.com

Anybody actually try one? Seems like a cool idea if it really works. :)

2. sparkletele123

sparkletele123 Tele-Meister

Doesn't sound good to me. I have a Faith Parlor, and that's small enough.

3. Martin R

Martin R Friend of Leo's

We hosted an open mic a few years ago...Guy came in with a Voyage whatever. It really really worked. And it sounded good. (It's really freaky when you see it fold up the first time.)

I can't remember his name but I think he had an endorsement deal.

4. Bill

Bill Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I've played a Voyagaire a few times. They don't feel or sound like toys. You would assume it was a basic midpriced guitar until someone came by and folded it up in front of you. Coolest thing is unfolding it and it's in tune.

5. Martin R

Martin R Friend of Leo's

I was going to say that about the one I saw but didn't think anyone would believe it.

6. zombywoof

zombywoof Friend of Leo's

Last week I got hood of one of those folding guitars - it was an Overhead. I gather they have three models - rosewood and mahogany body and a composite. I actually thought it was pretty cool. The one I played had a solid spruce top and laminate rosewood body. It sounded better than I thought it would and played extremely well. I swear it did not even need to be tuned after I took it apart and put it back together.

7. buckfuzzard

buckfuzzard Tele-Meister

I have a Voyage Air for travel, Great guitars. I still tune it after unfolding..
    No Regrets on purchase, had it now for over a year..

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.