1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

flying these days

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ndcaster, Apr 7, 2021.

1. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Anyone flying across borders yet?

I'm trying to fly in May. Looks like I need a negative pcr test to fly out and another one to re-enter.

Anyone have details to report?

Flip G likes this.
  2. IanMoss

IanMoss Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

With the annoucement of the trans-tasman (Australia - NZ) travel bubble a couple of days ago, I booked flights back home (to Australia) yesterday. The bubble takes effect from 19 April, at which time there will be no quarantine requirements on either side.

All subject to change of course. And I'm not flying until August (my Dad's 83rd bday).

$NZD 460 return (~$USD 320). If I have to can the trip, at least I won't be much out of pocket.

aging_rocker and Torren61 like this.
  3. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Saw an article last week some travelers couldn’t get back since their exit country tested them. So they have to pay hotel additional weeks to stay there until cleared.

We wait until late September for any of that.

4. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

Jackie is flying to NY for her daughter’s birthday and see the family. Since, basically, it’s not international she’s cleared to fly due to vaccination and a clean test

Nightclub Dwight likes this.
  5. gregulator450

gregulator450 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

A coworker/friend of mine flew from the PNW to Saudi Arabia and then to Jordan a couple months ago. He had to have a negative test result within 48 hours of leaving the country, and I believe he had to get tested upon arriving in Saudi Arabia. Quarantine requirements were different in those two countries; my friend didn't seem to be bothered by any of it.

6. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

I have a niece and nephew who traveled from London to Mexico City to SFO and Netherlands to Mexico City to SFO and back two times since September. No test requirements (last flight 7 weeks ago) for any of it.

That is all going to change. I think in the next few weeks as it really opens up, if you have your card and your passport, you'll be set.

7. Oxidao

Oxidao Tele-Meister

It all depends on your destination country entry requirements at that time, to go,
    and your USA regulation for that particular country at that particular time, to go back.
    I don't know in the US, but here in Europe changes every week in one country or another.
    Most of European countries require a PCR, which normally is valid for 48hrs

8. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

I've put off travel but have several associates who must for their work. Organization, knowing the rules for your trip, and supplies are what they take care of. These are people who work for international manufacturers or airlines.

I will stay on the sidelines as long as I can because my day job has me on the loop or circle of reporting, contact tracing and HR data in a sizable organization with multiple locations. With that I don't want to increase risk whether me or others. I don't want to increase risk for others, and having had unavoidable exposure to increased risk I developed a feeling of avoid risk when you can.

Make or get one of these if you need to cut risk and everyone who wears glasses should consider one. I got mine from one of their sellers.

https://making.engr.wisc.edu/mask-fitter/

uriah1 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.