Fly Tennis

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Steerforth, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Steerforth

Steerforth Tele-Afflicted

I gave up on playing tennis a long time ago, because when it comes to tennis I am The Big Bam, The Sultan of Swat, The Caliph of Clout, The Home Run King!

But apparently, hitting the ball out of the court and into the next county is not actually what tennis is about, as several highly annoyed tennis partners have tried to explain to me over the years. And besides, I never could figure out where the bases are on a tennis court and when I asked people they just looked at me funny and walked away.

But a couple of weeks ago, Mrs. Steerforth brought home two electric tennis rackets. But they’re not for tennis, they’re for flies. I had mutilated several dozen regular fly swatters recently, and I guess she got tired of finding them bent and broken. And trust me, with horses around, you need anti-fly weaponry.

These things are great! You press the button on the handle and swing at the fly and they get to ride the lightning! Sparks, excellent electrical sizzling sounds, the works. And I’m getting good with these things, too! I’ve nailed quite a few in mid-air with the old Wimbledon backhand.

If you don’t have a couple of these, you’re missing out. Personally, being half-bright with building tube amps, I want to take one apart and see how they work. I’d like to build a really big one out of tough, reinforced hardwood, with a circuit that would turn everything in its path to cigarette ash instantly!

Yes, look into these electric fly swatter tennis rackets. Highly recommended!

2. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

Fly swatters are the best way to destroy lamps and vases.....and even occasionally a fly or two. ELECTRIC fly swatters? That might add a new, fun dimension to it! ;)

Steerforth likes this.
  3. Allan Allan

Allan Allan Tele-Meister

I'm 1/2 a mile from a farm with some horses. The flies are unbelievable. Sign me up for one of those hardwood swatters when you get around to building them.

nojazzhere likes this.
  4. stormsedge

stormsedge Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

When I was a kid, our old barn had lots of carpenter bees. When they became to thick and obnoxious to get in and out, we'd take our badminton rackets and thin them out.

nojazzhere and tah1962 like this.
  5. Steerforth

Here’s the real sizzlers:

Tennis Racket Fly Zapper

She also bought a yellow one, different brand, but that’s very quiet. It doesn’t arc and spark. It just quietly stuns them and you have to finish them off on the floor.

The ones that I linked above are the highly entertaining model. It’s almost like having a new hobby. And you kill far more flies than with a regular swatter.

MickM likes this.
  6. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

In spite of environmentalists’ attempts we have yet to get electric flies here. Ours are still carbon based and causing pollution and climate change.

MickM and nojazzhere like this.
  7. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

I have insect screens.... the odd fly that gets in is soon rounded up and removed..

with the two hands clapping move....;)

8. MarkieMark

MarkieMark Tele-Holic

Well... Then.... Ya'll likely luv this!

Buckocaster51 likes this.
  9. ClashCityTele

ClashCityTele Tele-Afflicted

How many watts?
    Could you gig with them or are they just for home use?

10. Allan Allan

Allan Allan Tele-Meister

These horse flies don't give a crap about screens. They also don't care about the bathroom exhaust fan, they'll fly right against it into the bathroom.

11. stxrus

stxrus Friend of Leo's

We have The Jolt (a new version of the Zapper) which is a tennis is racket looking electric mosquito killer. I’ve had minimal luck with flies but it will fry a spider, roach, or Jack Spaniard and pop a mosquito in a heart beat

12. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

I know... they're that big down here.. they try and spread the mesh and bust into the house all the time..:lol:

Allan Allan likes this.
  13. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

I live off the grid. Probably too much electricity for me.

14. OldDude2

OldDude2 Tele-Afflicted

Have you tried them on a wasp? Here in middle Tennessee they have the hated "cow killer" red wasp. My Jack Russel was stung on the back and he went into shock and would have died if we hadn't taken him into the doggy ER.

Steerforth likes this.
  15. Steerforth

Not yet, but warm weather is coming. I hate those things!

For those not familiar with this charming insect, getting stung by one feels like getting shot with a small caliber weapon if they get a good, square shot at your bare skin. They like to nail you with a stealth approach, usually when you’re distracted while working. And their stings seem to take an inordinate amount of time to heal cimpletely.

I’m looking forward to trying out the racket on those aggressive little &@$*#’s!

OldDude2 likes this.
  16. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    I have one of those. They work and work well

17. OldDude2

OldDude2 Tele-Afflicted

Here's what they look like and they're very aggressive. CowKillerAnt.jpg

18. Steerforth

I tried. Mrs. Steerforth has prohibited them because of what I did with the air soft pistol.

19. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

I'm sorry to tell you that if you have a problem with "holding back" you are gonna break that thing on the first day.

IF you don't put it through a screen first.

Wallo Tweed likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.