Floyd Rose Sustain-Blocks, Have You Used Them? Any Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by AxRookie, Jul 14, 2019.

1. AxRookie

AxRookie Tele-Meister

Is this the right place to ask Floyd Rose Sustain-Blocks now-a-days there are many kinds from fat to thin, From titanium to tungsten, Has anyone "Upgraded" their Floyd Rose Sustain-Blocks? Or do you have any thoughts on them?

2. srvbluezz

srvbluezz Tele-Holic

I upgraded the edge pro. The sustain block was small piece of cheap pot metal. I got the brass block from fu tone. The upgrade added more weight to my js1000. I'm not gonna say that it added sustain but the guitar rings out louder both acoustically and plugged in.

Zepfan likes this.
  3. SixStringSlinger

SixStringSlinger Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I got a similar result from switching my Strat's stock trem block to a Callaham one. No Floyd involved, but I'm sure the principle is the same.

srvbluezz likes this.
  4. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

Biggest upgrade I do is block the trem. Which, if you try blocking the trem that's as far as you can take the guitar for !sustain! and !toanz!. Try it and if the delta between what you have and a fully blocked trem are too narrow to decipher then don't spend the money on a suspicious block upgrade. You can block the trem with Maple or metal (I've seen some use stacked coins to get a metal block).

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.