1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Flip Phones and texting

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by HotRodSteve, Jun 20, 2018.

1. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

That commercial reminds me of this:

2. bftfender

bftfender Poster Extraordinaire

hate my cell phone.. have to receive calls and text all day for dispatching calls..but then again.but .i can be at the beach or in the studio so ,,i really like it now...

3. kubiakl

kubiakl Tele-Meister

:lol:
    Surprisingly no to both! It's similar to home row typing on a regular keyboard - it becomes muscle memory pretty quickly. I made LESS mistakes with the flip phone than my iPhone.

Certainly never would have accidentally sent my friend "See you in a sex" on a flip phone. (True story - check the bottom row of your keyboard.)

To be fair I turn off auto-correct on my devices. Never could get the hang of it and would prefer to just type out what I want instead of getting words accidentally substituted. I might change my tune if I had learned to use predictive texting.

telemnemonics and outbreak like this.
  4. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Friend of Leo's

I've had a flip phone through AT&T for several years now. Although I can't find the model number listed anywhere on it, I think it is Z222. Phone was $10. Service is $100/yr with no contract whatsover...they don't even have my credit card number. It seems to work everywhere, and even get a signal out deer hunting in the woods.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  5. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

All real players have 2 phones: go big or go home

6. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

7. outbreak

outbreak Tele-Afflicted

What? Flip phones were simple to text on not looking, all my friends could it wasn't hard at all. You turn off auto correct for it too. Modern swype and touch screens seem to have way more issues with mistypes than the old flip phones and physicals did. Maybe it's just my age group

8. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

I had no idea.
    Cell phones have been around since you were ten years old, so I guess it's safe to assume you grew up with them?
    I have been amazed by the fleet fingers of texting teens who aren't old enough to have been able to spell for ten years.
    I guess it's like riding a bike.
    Or driving a manual transmission.

I understand that many kids can barely write on paper by hand, and cannot even recognize cursive as being the English language.
    I also understand that many kids can barely hold a personal conversation and look someone in the eye while talking with them.

9. telepicker52

telepicker52 Tele-Holic

Yes, LG actually still makes the "slider" phone. I got one off eBay a few months ago for $8 with a charger and free shipping! It does everything I need.

10. Tele1966

Tele1966 Friend of Leo's

My Galaxy S7 is vital to me in my business and personal life. I need what it delivers: Full Remote Chrome Desktop logged on to my business computer, Microsoft exchange emails business and personal, business and personal text and messaging. I use both WhatsApp and conventional phone message/text.

I primarily use voice to text, I don't waste my time typing out texts and message. Voice to text or rarely Swype.

11. HotRodSteve

I've seen them and that may be a solution.

12. HotRodSteve

Got my flip-phone today and actually sent a text message with it, a very short one.

JustStartingOut likes this.
  13. supersoldier71

supersoldier71 Tele-Holic

I used to text updates and play by play information on our twin sons’ high school and then college football games on a flip phone.

I was pretty proficient at it, but the iPhone 8 I’m typing on right now is easier in every way. Or at least it feels easier.

I think I mis-typed every word in this post.

14. JDC

JDC Tele-Holic

Junkyard Dog

I have the same phone (except it cost me all of $15.00 lol) Same prepaid network. Functions perfectly especially since I've probably texted 10 time in the past 10 years.

You know how much these discontinued Z222 phones are going for , now? I was thinking about pickup up a spare since the battery can run almost as much as I paid for the entire phone. I nixed that idea when I saw prices between $35-$60 for new in box versions.

Still WAY cheaper than most phones but paying 4 times what I originally paid? Nope..It's just the principle of the thing.

Junkyard Dog likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.