1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Flat-mount G Bender

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by hellllllllllo, May 7, 2016.

1. hellllllllllo

hellllllllllo NEW MEMBER!

(Long-time reader, first time poster.)

I'm working on a telecaster build. A couple of months back, I played a guitar with a G bender and was floored. Unfortunately, I can't find the piece of hardware in question ANYWHERE. Here's what I remember about it, hopefully somebody here could identify it!

The guitar had a wraparound bridge. Instead of wrapping around, the G string was routed to a single-string tailpiece that was screwed into the top of the guitar. The tailpiece had a palm level mounted on it, and pushing the lever would raise the G to an A.

It functioned just like the Hipshot palm lever, except there was no B-bender on the instrument. It was flat-mounted directly to the guitar. In fact, I thought the owner of the guitar told me it was made by Hipshot, but I can't find any reference to a part like this being made by them, so I think I may be remembering incorrectly.

The Bigsby Palm Pedal is sort of similar, but that one is huge and has the B-bender attached. I'm just looking for the single G bender.

Anyway, if anyone is aware of who might make this part, please let me know! It seems like the simplest-possible iteration of a string bending device-- I can't believe more people don't use it.

Unless there's some sort of popular name for it and I'm searching the wrong way: I've been digging through patents to try to find it, but that's some tedious work. While doing that, I found this patent for an inflatable violin, and I refuse to believe that a balloon fiddle exists but the thing I'm looking for doesn't.

2. bparnell57

bparnell57 Poster Extraordinaire

Doesn't the hipshot Palm lever just add a top mounted g-bender to a b-bender equipped guitar?

3. RollingBender

RollingBender Tele-Afflicted Vendor Member

Was it mine?

Doug 54 and Gunerius like this.
  4. Gunerius

Gunerius Tele-Holic

5. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Welcome to this groovy place!
    Perhaps an Epiphone EZ Bender?

6. ForrestLeeJr

ForrestLeeJr Tele-Meister

Sounds like Bowden to me. And Richard is also a funny some *****... look him up! Great dude too.
    Buy his greatest hits record!

Jim Hammond and Doug 54 like this.
  7. Jim Hammond

Jim Hammond TDPRI Member

Sounds like Forrest is right. Bowden makes a palm pedal for most applications. Richard lives in east TX and is great to work with. I bought a B for my Taylor and just ordered the G to add as well. You can get the quick change from 1/2 to a whole step for an extra $25. The swivel lever is $25 if you need that too. Tell him I sent you.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.