flat bridge plate?

tedro

Tele-Afflicted
hi all,
i need a flat bridge plate that accommodates a 3-piece saddle set.

recommendations, please? (Callaham is too expensive; need other recommendations.)

i need this to help my friend install his Roland GK synth pickup.

THANKS

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire
46FEA480-0C25-44A4-B294-8B1831FB6C62.jpeg
Here’s a 3-screw mount with through-body string through holes that are below the 3 screw holes, similar to a ‘90s Squier Tele.

Freeman Keller

Poster Extraordinaire
Are you asking about a short bridge plate to work with a non standard tele pickup? I used one of these with my P90 guitar

1650764514069.png

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
Are you asking about a short bridge plate to work with a non standard tele pickup? I used one of these with my P90 guitar

View attachment 976449

I think what the OP is doing is fitting a Roland GK-3 pickup between the saddles and the bridge pickup (it should be between 10 & 20mm from the bridge saddles).

Here’s a bad photo of my Elite Tele with one fitted temporarily using gaffa tape: in the end I didn’t use it on this guitar because the GK-3 isn’t too good with such a flat string radius (compound 9.5-14”) so it went on a different guitar.
CBC5E454-1375-4D09-995B-BE2D1472A914.jpeg

This bridge wouldn’t meet the OP’s requirements because it’s got 6 saddles, but this is the essence of what he’s trying to do. Because of the lip round a traditional Tele bridge you can’t get a GK-3 fitted (it wouldn’t work on my Shergold, which has a traditional Tele style bridge with sidewalls).

Freeman Keller

Poster Extraordinaire
I think what the OP is doing is fitting a Roland GK-3 pickup between the saddles and the bridge pickup (it should be between 10 & 20mm from the bridge saddles).

Here’s a bad photo of my Elite Tele with one fitted temporarily using gaffa tape: in the end I didn’t use it on this guitar because the GK-3 isn’t too good with such a flat string radius (compound 9.5-14”) so it went on a different guitar.
This bridge wouldn’t meet the OP’s requirements because it’s got 6 saddles, but this is the essence of what he’s trying to do. Because of the lip round a traditional Tele bridge you can’t get a GK-3 fitted (it wouldn’t work on my Shergold, which has a traditional Tele style bridge with sidewalls).
Thank you, now I understand. I ran into one of those on a doubleneck that crossed my workbench. I asked the owner about it, he shrugged and said "sometimes you might want your guitar to sound like an oboe".

IMG_5862.JPG

That guitar had the usual 12 inch ToM radius and the pickup fit just in front of the bridge but not touching it.

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
Thank you, now I understand. I ran into one of those on a doubleneck that crossed my workbench. I asked the owner about it, he shrugged and said "sometimes you might want your guitar to sound like an oboe".

View attachment 976564

That guitar had the usual 12 inch ToM radius and the pickup fit just in front of the bridge but not touching it.
And sometimes you want a 12-string! I mostly use mine for 12-string and acoustic sounds, but it’s fun to have a bunch of other sounds on tap.
The GK-3 comes with a very neat adaptor plate to fit on the posts of a TOM, which is what your twinneck client is using.

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire
How much are you willing to pay, since you consider Callaham pricey? GOTOH makes some but for US, I can only find them to purchase on eBay. And they aren’t real cheap. If you’re open to a used one, you might look for one in the TDPRI classifieds. Or if you’re willing to do a little work yourself, you could get an MIM Standard one that was made for 6 block saddles and drill the necessary 3 additional holes in the bottom lip. If you do that you can even reuse the old six saddle intonation screw holes as top loading holes.