1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fishman powerchip help!

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by originalmatthew, Aug 12, 2012.

1. originalmatthew

originalmatthew Tele-Holic

I am installing a fishman powerchip in a custom build.
    The setup is- A DiMarzio magnetic pickup with a volume control, A fishman powerchip for the piezo bridge, and it all works the way it should. I installed according to the powerchip instructions with the 3 way switch for selecting Mag/Piezo/both. The instructions are here- http://www.fishman.com/files/powerchip_user_guide.pdf

What I cannot figure out is how to wire a master tone. I can wire a tone that works on the DiMarzio only easily enough, but for the life of me, I WANT A TONE CONTROL ON THE PIEZO!!!! All the signals rout through the powerchip and my head tells me that a tone pot wired to the output and bleeding signal to ground should work, but nada. Perhaps I am using the wrong value pot and cap- standard B500K and a .047....An outboard unit is not an option. As far as I can tell the lack of a tone control on the powerchip is perhaps a fault in design...but I have to work with what I have.
    Any help would be appreciated!!!

2. originalmatthew

originalmatthew Tele-Holic

Ok, I gave up. The DiMarzio has a volume, tone, and push/pull coil tap, the powerchip runs without a tone control. <shrugs>

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.