Fishman Powerbridge wiring

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by capohk, Jan 28, 2020.

1. capohk

capohk TDPRI Member

A quick question to help with my sanity or otherwise...

I've wired up a Fishman TOM Powerbridge in my 335. I followed the wiring diagram for passive direct connection to the stereo jack and checked to make sure it worked before reinstalling all of the pots etc, which was lucky because it didn't. Just a constant ground hum.

I unsoldered the magnetic pickup circuit so that it was just the Powerbridge - same problem.

So I checked for continuity with all of the ground points. Turns out that the hot lead (centre) is continuous with all ground points and the shield (ground) is not. Like the pickup is wired backwards somehow. The shield has no continuity with the bridge case.

Any ideas welcome. I'm thinking it can't do any harm to try wiring it backwards at the jack and seeing what happens.

Cheers

2. sjtalon

sjtalon Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I would try reversing, they could have soldered the wire colors wrong, it happens on pickups now and then.

I've had two so far in my life that they wired (leads) backwards on.

3. capohk

capohk TDPRI Member

No colours, just one single lead with hot centre and shield. Shield is not continuous with the bridge case, while the hot is, so must be a dead short within the unit. Back to the supplier I guess.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.