Fishman Loud box questions please .

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by cbnutt, Oct 17, 2020 at 12:55 PM.

1. cbnutt

cbnutt Tele-Afflicted

If you have played both the mini and the artist series a lot , is there for sure a noticeable differance that the artist will get louder, stay more clear than the mini ? i know the artist has more features , but only interested in it being for sure being more louder , they say the mini is 60 watts , the artist 120 watts ( bi amped ) , does that mean 2 60 watt amps , and not really 120 watts total RMS ? Thanks .

2. randym

randym TDPRI Member

From the specs, looks like 100W to the 8" and 20W to the 1" tweeter

cbnutt likes this.
  3. cbnutt

cbnutt Tele-Afflicted

Thanks i guess i didnt see that part , so it should get a little louder then .

4. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

My Mini was plenty loud for acoustic. You can only get so loud before feedback with acoustic anyway, and there is the line out for PA. I have a Fender Acoustasonic that seems as good really.

5. cbnutt

cbnutt Tele-Afflicted

Thanks , i wonder if it goes a some louder and stays a touch better with the added head room ?

6. carvingcode

carvingcode TDPRI Member

The Artist can get noticably louder, yes. But the important part is how much clearer the sound is from the Artist. Much more EQ control.

cbnutt likes this.
  7. cbnutt

cbnutt Tele-Afflicted

Thanks, i was thinking they had the same bas , mids , and trebble controls ?

8. schmee

That would make sense, at least if you are using into the upper half of the volume adjustment...

One thing I didn't mention though is speakers. Does the larger Fishman have bigger speakers? I like bigger speakers... the Mini are what... cant remember.... 4"? Give me one 8 or 10"....:)
    I messed around with my Mini because I started playing an archtop electric as well as the acoustic. It was really boxy sounding with the archtop.
    -I made a jack to plug an extension speaker in (which cut off one internal when in use)
    -I also made an opening in the cab back that was optional.
    -I recovered the Fishman because that brown vinyl scarred up if you looked at it wrong.

9. cbnutt

cbnutt Tele-Afflicted

Yes , a little bigger , cant remember the size , but was bigger .

10. schmee

Of the three acoustic amps I had (Fishman mini, Fender Acoustasonic, Roland 60) I think the Roland with the dual 6" speakers was probably the best, but they were all about the same really.
    I kept the Acoustasonic because it was cheap!

cbnutt likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.