Fishman/Greg Koch Gristle Tone p90's. Anyone here played them?

CapnCrunch

Friend of Leo's
I've watched a few videos and they seem quite versatile. I'm just wondering if they actually sound and feel like a real single coil p90 (sans the noise) and what others think. I'm working on a small bodied Jazzmaster style tele hybrid and want to put p90's in it. Seriously considering these so any thoughts would be much appreciated. :)

Seafoamgreen

TDPRI Member
Also curious. Just got my first set of P90s (in a Yamaha Revstar) and the wiring in my house has made the hum as bad as feared, so I'm checking out noiseless alternatives. I have a set of Fluence humbuckers in my Charvel, so I'm familiar with their platform.

CapnCrunch

Friend of Leo's
Also curious. Just got my first set of P90s (in a Yamaha Revstar) and the wiring in my house has made the hum as bad as feared, so I'm checking out noiseless alternatives. I have a set of Fluence humbuckers in my Charvel, so I'm familiar with their platform.

Not a lot of chatter on these. Curious what you think of the Fluence humbuckers? The Tele set and the p-90's sound very good in all of the Greg Koch videos, but I suspect he could make anything sound great.

Rat City

Tele-Meister
I haven’t played them yet. Soon…

134ED70B-94CE-4367-A987-58099F3F2F85.jpeg

CapnCrunch

Friend of Leo's
Those pups are going into a koa top T style partscaster. It’s a Callaham bridge/saddles. West Seattle. 👋
Would love to see some pics when you get it put together. Koa and Claro Walnut are two of my very favorite woods. I'm looking at putting these PU's into an Alder body that is Jazzmaster shaped but Tele sized. It will be Fiesta Red when I finally get around to spraying it. It has a Maple neck with a Cocobolo board, and will have a Celluloid Tort guard. I'm in North Kitsap.

dukewellington

Tele-Meister
Not sure what your amp/tone setup is compared to the videos so not sure how the video stacks up to reality, but our other guitarist has them in an alder body partscaster, and that guitar sounds pretty ripping good. To my ear, they’re very articulate.