Fish & Chips? Joyo 6-band? Behringer Eq 700?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by RoscoeElegante, Mar 11, 2016.

1. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

Tried the MXR 6-band and it was a hiss fest no matter how rigged and set. So any preferences among/comparisons between these relative inexpensive EQ's?

Thanks.

2. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

I just gave my Fish 'n chips to my Step daughter and I have the MXR 6 Band. At one time I had both on my main board. Both are great. Never a hiss from my well used, very old 6 Band. The F'nCs is not true bypass and I have always been very careful with it, but the boost is great. The MXR slides light up and the graphics glow in the dark and built like a tank, which is great onstage. I've learned that there is an advantage to a parametric EQ, so I might get one, but I can't imagine not having the MXR.

3. ruger9

ruger9 Poster Extraordinaire

Wow, the MXR is the one I would get if I wanted one....

The Dano is ok, the problem is the Dano buffer isn't great, you lose a touch of high end when running through it, but since it's an EQ, I guess you could EQ around that lol.

4. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

Thanks for today's lunch idea...there's a great, little fish & chip shack at our Fisherman's Warf, less than a half hour walk, away. While I prefer halibut, the 2 piece grilled salmon & chips is my typical buy. Their fish tacos are tastey, too. 79716.jpg Granville Island's a fun, touristy, diversion, right in the neighborhood.
    * Sorry bout the hijacking, but I woke up really hungry. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    Staypuft1652 likes this.
  5. simonsp

simonsp Friend of Leo's

I had exactly the same experience as the OP, the 6 band mxr was very hissy and unpleasant. The Boss GE-7 works well but for the few times that I actually need an EQ I go to the Dano Fish & Chips every time, it's very quiet and I've not noticed any loss of audio quality with it. If they would only put it in a sensible box it would be perfect.

6. DaveKS

DaveKS Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Look at Biyang 7 band also. Seems pretty well built and quiet. Slightly bigger with longer throws on sliders so easier to adjust.

7. GigsbyBoyUK

GigsbyBoyUK Friend of Leo's

Fish and Chips...cheap, small, does the job.

8. Tele1966

Tele1966 Friend of Leo's

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.