First time sending Guitar for a warranty to a guitar center.

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by RoCkstAr256, Aug 19, 2019.

1. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Afflicted

I known it might be stupid question, we live in different countries guys but i have a question. How long it took service ot fix your Fender Tele or Strat? I am giving mine to Guitar Center next day since Truss Rod is really bad and doesnt work properly. Local Guitar tech checked it and told me also that its not properly working (my previous thread)

I have never gave any guitar for warranty, always fixed frets, electronic myself. Although im no tech to fix truss rod.

What a ****ty time, im on holidays.

DonM likes this.
  2. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I had a Les Paul at GC for three weeks for a repair (wiring harness had a bad trace). The majority of that time was waiting for the part to come in the mail. No clue how yours will be handled though.

RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  3. RoCkstAr256

Just wanted to tell you that im heartbroken. Its my favourite guitar

4. Vizcaster

Vizcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Just out of curiosity, how do they handle warranty claims for guitars purchased outside the US?

5. RoCkstAr256

Service is in UK too from what i known, cant tell much. Although guitar might be replaced with new one and previous one goes to service.

6. EsquireBoy

EsquireBoy Tele-Meister

Sorry to read about that. I hope it will soon be fixed, one way or another. That is not fun, but you took the right decision returning your guitar.

RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  7. sjtalon

sjtalon Doctor of Teleocity

I crossed my fingers for you-------------let me know as soon as you have it back, I can't play my geetars like this.

RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  8. jrblue

jrblue Tele-Afflicted

There's no way to predict the down time, as the truss rod fault could require anything from serious work and a lot of time, or replacement of the guitar or neck, which takes almost no time. I'm sorry for the loss of use, however -- those are days you will never get back. I sometimes raise that issue (loss of use) and get a discount or other compensation, though it's not part of warranty service, which is tipped entirely towards the builder/seller, not the customer.

RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  9. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

I don't recommend our local GC "tech" to anyone. I've cleaned up after him a half dozen times on fairly simple repairs and pickup installations that he just can't get right. Not sure how he still has a job there after these last few years.

RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  10. Viejo

Viejo Tele-Afflicted

Well, good luck with that.

RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  11. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I've said it before, I don't believe the Guitar Center in Poland has any affiliation to the US chain. They don't even use the same logo. No indication on their site that they have any affiliation either, it just says they're the biggest online musical instrument store in Poland and that they sell to other countries too.

That's like saying all the guitar shops called "Guitar Shop" are a huge worldwide chain. The biggest, actually.

Wildcard_35 and RoCkstAr256 like this.
  12. RoCkstAr256

Thanks guys for support, im really sad. This is my favourite guitar apart from second Fender tele and Squier CV strat. My first player tele had faulty saddles, although i have sold it. Didnt get along bsb colour. Guy.who have bought it got discount for bridge. Now with this Blue tele truss rod is crappy. At least my 2 other guitars fine.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  13. sjtalon

sjtalon Doctor of Teleocity

I would think for what cost Fender plugs into their guitars for warranty costs ( yes, WE PAY FOR THAT WITH MANUFACTURES ACTUALLY, just like insurance), they would do the right thing and just replace the whole neck.

I doubt what they have to pay out to dealers for claims, or if the dealers have to eat a little labor for small stuff, it cuts into their profits that bad.

Just imagine if they say tack 10 or 20 bucks on every geetar they sell. I doubt out of 100 that go to a customer one may have anything serious (the would leave the factory that bad) to where it costs them that much being THEY make some of the components or are buying parts in bulk.

14. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I had a dead bridge pickup on my 60's roadworn strat and I was just told to take it to a local authorised Fender repair shop. Gave them a call and arranged to drop it off and picked it up the next day after they fitted a new pickup.

I think they will probably just replace the neck on your guitar rather than attempt a fix.
    Should only take a day or two if they can get a neck or have one in stock.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  15. bondoman

bondoman Tele-Meister

Generally GC wont do anything beyond setups and simple parts replacement. Other than that its sent to an outside luthier for repair. A friend of mine is one of those outside vendors and is for the most part swamped, so the wait time can be quite long. Warranty claims such as this will most likely result in the replacement of the guitar. In which case it only takes as long as receiving your old one and sending off a new one.

RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  16. RoCkstAr256

I have same thing in my mind. Hope to get it back in a week or less

Chunkocaster likes this.
  17. RoCkstAr256

Ok they have replied , truss rod is broken it will be fixed as soon as possible, 7 day . Shouldnt take longer

Wildcard_35 and corliss1 like this.
  18. RoCkstAr256

European Fender Guitar Service in in Netherlands. Thought it was UK

19. Vizcaster

Vizcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Sounds like the local shop wasn't authorized to make the decision on how to cover the repair or replacement on warranty, so they kicked it up the chain to a regional service center to take care of it for you. Hoping for the best it sounds like they're going to take care of it just fine. Of course it's been 7 days already...

20. RoCkstAr256

Guitar arrives tommorow, it will be replaced with new one :)

jimilee likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.