First time player, long time fan

Skyhook

Friend of Leo's
Oh, one more thing: I understand why tuning it is hard, but does my g string actually hate me?
Yes, but don't take it personally. The G-string hates everybody.
If it was just you, then the world wouldn't have this meme.

E0LBrxyXEAo3SFo.jpg

FV-CEe0WIAYkB-W.jpg

Buell

Tele-Meister
Love getting the feel- my Takamine has a flatter radius but my tele feels better than the other guitars I tried.

I really, really, really considered an SG but ultimately went rounder.
Don't give up on the SG. I own a '62 and it carries the best tone out of all of my guitars.

Johnny Dubs

TDPRI Member
Welcome to the fold! How about some guitar pics?

Sb
How rude of me. My apologies to all (I’ve read enough of the board to know better.)

I bought the MIM anniversary, was absolutely surprised by the quality (I am no expert.) My partscaster has 69s for my only meaningful comparison and I don’t know enough to talk about these pickups anyway, so I’ll say this: it feels incredible.

My intent was to have a “cheap” tele and treat it like the strat. I went with this mostly because I think it’s gorgeous and the pickups weren’t regular for the player line (I swapped 69s in on the strat almost immediately) but I’m not touching a thing.

Feels. Incredible. Tuners seem as stable as the locking machines on my strat. I could not imagine being happier with any other guitar they could ship me.

It’s also grained to make me expect less neck under the fretboard (not much of an illusion, maybe, but I like it.)

Sadly I play it a little less than the other- constantly working and trying to undo my damage on that- but the tele is what I turn to when I’m undoing my damage to me.

Attachments

• DCBC7A24-B64D-45B6-AFAB-3F5017E84822.jpeg
    DCBC7A24-B64D-45B6-AFAB-3F5017E84822.jpeg
    299.9 KB · Views: 21
  • B2C7AC9F-F3F2-457A-9751-3CCF368F4492.jpeg
    B2C7AC9F-F3F2-457A-9751-3CCF368F4492.jpeg
    209.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 2D6084F5-C8ED-4EEC-B64A-7D80CF807402.jpeg
    2D6084F5-C8ED-4EEC-B64A-7D80CF807402.jpeg
    230.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Johnny Dubs

TDPRI Member
Welcome aboard!
I can't answer all your questions but I'll take a stab at #1:
"Because Leo got it right the first time!" :lol:

Oh... and we want PICTURES of your Tele(... yes, the rest of your guitars can come too)!
I’m learning more about this Leo guy…

Once I decided on the shape/sound/feel/(cost) I looked for something I’d want to see all the time.

It has a few moods naturally and absolutely loves stage lights
16FCCB07-31F4-4F61-B935-6B993ABB2DC8.jpeg
8BDCC49D-E433-43EC-B7FB-05E8DA134318.jpeg
(reflected from the videos on my flat screen lol)

Fenderdad1950

Friend of Leo's
Welcome from Albuquerque, New Mexico. It's called the Tele revelation. I played a Strat for a decade, then bought a Tele out of curiosity. There was some reason that each of my guitar heroes when I was growing up (British invasion of the 60s) played one. Clapton Beck & Page, all in the Yardbirds. Well the more I played the Tele thru a tube amp, the more it amazed me. We can all thank this guy, for getting it right in 1950.
Leo-Fender_mmp0pd.jpg

arlum

Friend of Leo's
Platinum Supporter
1st ...... Welcome aboard ! ! !

While I've always been a supporter of brick and mortar guitar stores I've also found that the variety of instrument, amp and pedal choices available online could never ever be found in a local store. I currently own many guitars and amps that have probably never been sold new in any music store in the entire state of Missouri where I live. Yes. I own instruments from local mom & pops but the world is a big place. Many of my finest instruments I would have never found, or even heard of, if I stayed local. So .... this leads to which stores that sell online, most of which also have a brick and mortar store they're based at, are totally honest, provide the best set ups, check and double check the instrument prior to shipping it to you, and provide the best customer service.

My Opinion .....

1). Wildwood Guitars. I've purchased four guitars at Wildwood. Electrics built by the Gibson Custom Shop, Gibson U.S.A and Rickenbacker and an acoustic 12 string built by Martin. All new. All arrived perfectly set up and ready to play. Excellent.

2). Heartbreaker Guitars. In this case I'm speaking acoustic guitars. They have electrics but none that have garnered my interest. I bought the very best acoustic guitar of my lifetime, a Furch GC, from this establishment. I spoke with the owner himself, laid out what I wanted and recieved the finest acoustic guitar with the finest setup in a secure shipping container. It totally exceeded my expectations and, to date, is the finest online experience I've ever had. It's only because of the instruments, both electric and acoustic, that Wildwood stocks that bumps it to number one. Both offer perfect everything.

3). Distinctive Guitars. The finest electric guitar of my lifetime came from Distinctive Guitar. A Giffin Standard that still blows me away every time I play it. It arrived in perfect new condition with a perfect set up I couldn't improve upon in a very safe shipping container.

4). Sweetwater. For Microphones, P.A. Systems, Keyboards for use with recording software, Software, anything Pro Audio, beginner to upper mid level guitars, amps and pedals, Sweetwater is an excellent online store to check out. They don't carry the high end boutique models but most shoppers wouldn't have any interest in those models to start with. I've probably spent more than a few grand at Sweetwater over the years. Not once have I ever had to send any purchase back. Again .... Excellent.

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
So your Tele is better than your Strat? Well duh! :D You may wait a while, for a dissenting voice, around here.

Always support your local stores, except when negotiating for that '54 Esquire, with a guy from Boston.

Your Granny has superb taste.