First Tele coming soon...

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by kdmerchant, Jan 13, 2008.

1. kdmerchant

kdmerchant TDPRI Member

Hello, new member here. I've been reading a lot about tele's on this forum and I appreciate all the good discussions. I've ordered a black/maple MIM standard tele from Wilcutt guitars, should be arriving any day now. Got a gold pickguard I want to put on too... I went on eBay and found a chrome Wilkinson bridge with compensated brass saddles but I may just keep the standard bridge on if it sounds good enough, I'm a little scared of having intonation issues, so we'll see how adventurous I get. I see a lot of opinions on pickups, has anyone directly compared the standard MIMs with Fender Noiseless? Thanks.

2. beep.click

beep.click Poster Extraordinaire

kd, welcome, and congrats on the forthcoming Tele!

FYI, I've encountered 2 kinds of noiseless pickups -- "vintage" and samarium cobalt. They sound different, and so far, I've always preferred the guitars I've tried that have the "vintage" noiseless ones.

3. Bickert Fan

Bickert Fan Tele-Afflicted

Boom Chaka-laka! Congrats on getting the new tele. Any new guitar is pretty cool to me. But a tele? Sweetness.

For decades I loathed the simple, plain, black guitar. But I find myself being pulled the the "dark side" more and more each year. We'll see. Don't know if I could go with a gold pickguard, too much for me. But I have seen it a number of time and it can look pretty classy.

4. kdmerchant

kdmerchant TDPRI Member

I like this look... an American Deluxe. By starting with a MIM and modifying it over time I get to keep my wife too!

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.